Hacking Whats the average price of an R4?

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i paid 50€ WITHOUT a microSD card. i know i paid way too much but it was back then when they couldn't keep up with the demands.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i would NOT get a R4 any more
they are OUT of date(2gb MAX size of the card it can use, NO SDHC) and NEVER GETS UPDATES
there are better cards

i would get a CycloDS or SCDS1

GDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It never gets updated because theres no game that doesn't work...
And i already have an R4, Im just asking because im selling it XD

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GDragon said:
It never gets updated because theres no game that doesn't work...
And i already have an R4, Im just asking because im selling it XD

Actually there are quite a few games that don't work for the R4, especially the games that use the new save type.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Average cost? About $25-$45 depending on where you look.

Average worth nowadays? $0.

They haven't updated the firmware in a while now. More and more games aren't working in it and that will only get worse. The only hint of an update that has been rumored at is to one to disable fake R4's, which is useless to me.

Do yourself a favor and buy a different flashcart. I suggest a CycoDS or a Supercard DS1.

R4 is done. Time to move on.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st one for about $35, 2nd one for about $28. Both with no MicroSD.

I still like the R4 but with news of it going out of production soon, it's better to buy something else.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
they are OUT of date(2gb MAX size of the card it can use, NO SDHC) and NEVER GETS UPDATES
there are better cards

There is no updates because they fixed all games.
Cyclo: Overpriced, but if you want to spend that much money on it, go right ahead.
SuperCard is outdated.

And who cares about 2 GB max? There are improving MicroSD's now adays, There working on 4 GB Micro SD cards. Its not like you keep the games you already played. Minimum games on a persons Flash Cart/Card is 12 Games. 2 Gb's can hold what 12-14ish games depending on the size.

So Ryupower, get your facts straight before making a debate.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
Ryupower said:
there are better cards

There is no updates because they fixed all games.
Cyclo: Overpriced, but if you want to spend that much money on it, go right ahead.
SuperCard is outdated.

And who cares about 2 GB max? There are improving MicroSD's now adays, There working on 4 GB Micro SD cards. Its not like you keep the games you already played. Minimum games on a persons Flash Cart/Card is 12 Games. 2 Gb's can hold what 12-14ish games depending on the size.

So Ryupower, get your facts straight before making a debate.

No wrong, they didn't fix all the games. There quite a few games that don't work on the R4. Theres over 1 games that are buggy, freeze or simply refuse to play on the R4DS and the list is growing as new games come out. The R4 is dated, production has stopped and you can expect little to no updates from the R4 Team, especially anytime soon. All the newer games that are coming out that use the new save type will not work on the R4 and many games require an Arm7 patch just to make them even playable on the R4DS. Also the R4 itself is very buggy, the R4 Team made some very messy hacks just to make some games work and the cheat system is very buggy. Its sad that there are flashcarts half the price of the R4 yet have better game and homebrew compatibility.

So I suggest you getting your fact straight.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
No wrong, they didn't fix all the games. There quite a few games that don't work on the R4. Theres over 1 games that are buggy, freeze or simply refuse to play on the R4DS and the list is growing as new games come out. The R4 is dated, production has stopped and you can expect little to no updates from the R4 Team, especially anytime soon. All the newer games that are coming out that use the new save type will not work on the R4 and many games require an Arm7 patch just to make them even playable on the R4DS. Also the R4 itself is very buggy, the R4 Team made some very messy hacks just to make some games work and the cheat system is very buggy. Its sad that there are flashcarts half the price of the R4 yet have better game and homebrew compatibility.

So I suggest you getting your fact straight.

Shit! Over 1!?

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
oh hahaha, Smart Arses like you are soooooo fricking funny.....

R4, like Narin says has problems and is buggy, and although I own one and am very happy with it, I would prefer a flashcart very similar to it but with SDHC support.. The R4 is a quick and easy card to use and has an easy menu to navigate around but if you want to start talking features, The R4 is out of this conversation.. It is an old flashcart, but IMO is well built but because newer games are coming out with different formats, the games require and arm7 patch to work.. I mean, this is not a problem with me but if everyone thinks that all games are just going to work regardless, THEY SHOULD BE SPANKED, quite hard.. All games, no matter of the flashcart, may work or some will require patching..

I would not recommend an R4 to anyone who is looking for a flashcart but those that have one, They are actually quite good considering they are basically one of the oldest flashcarts on the market..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat