UDE GA NARU ZE!
OP
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hello community. Can anyone say me what this for a card is? A fake? A clone? Any help is appreciated.

This is the front from the card.
DSC_0575.JPG

This is the pcb from the back.
DSC_0576.JPG

And the front from the pcb.
DSC_0631.JPG

And the card is listed as a spongebob squarepants game in the 3ds home menu.
DSC_0574.JPG

Its from a german forum called psxtools.de. And we are not really sure which model that is. Thanks in advance for your help.

hanasaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah that's most likely a flash-cart, the micro SD slot and game being different is obvious sign. I think even the crummy label gives the whole thing away

But yes that is indeed a fake.

Last edited by hanasaku,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
It looks like a DS-mode flash card, since there's a whole microSD slot right there on the board (helpfully labelled as SDHC). There's a lot of DS cards that masquerade as Atlantis Squarepantis, it could be a DSTT clone, some R4i-SDHC variant, etc.

hanasaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean have seen flash-carts that'll have masqueraded as multi-carts, but it being one game? thats pretty odd :/

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
its a fake card, if you go to ebay and many other places (Chinese retail), you'll find fake ds games or a bunch of 256, 512, 482 in 1 nds game cards, they're all just repurposed flash cards (r4 or dstt clone) with micro sd preloaded with games, this just looks like they took a flash card and just probably used it to boot mario kart ds, if thats was actually on it to begin with, r4 and dstt based clones cost cents to make nowadays (i got an r4i for 3 bucks free shipping), so its cheap to make a "fake/clone" ds card and make a simple profit.

Reactions: IC_

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not an R4i-SDHC/R4-SDHC, I can tell you that because I am very familiar with those boards.
Something tells me that this is most likely an Ace3DS/R4 SDHC Dual-Core (r4isdhc.com.cn,) /R4i Gold-clone cart. The board looks close to the one I was playing with last year
20180810_235606.jpg 20180810_235610.jpg 20180810_235615.jpg 20180810_235629.jpg

Last edited by The Catboy,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Not very odd, a lot of flashcarts have the beginning of their memory look like a game in order to fool the 3DS and allow it to show on the menu and be launched.

its not really the actual game ( i.e alex stormrider, spongebob, or bomberman land touch) they just use malformed headers which just literally contain the logo, title, cart ID, and payload but when you launch it the header points to the flashcard's boot-loader payload instead of loading the game data(this bootloader is what actually boots your firmware file), this has been done since DSi, , thus why (99%) original nds cards don't work, either they have a "corrupted" (bad) header and rely on the original nds autoboot feature, some did have proper headers but showed up as a flash card on the ds menu, only due the ninty changing the order of how the console reads from cartridges, they can easily detect a flash card vs legit nds game card, nds and dsi/3ds effectively would see these as two different cartridges, with the latter blacklisting them

that card reminds me of darkfader's passme or or natrium42's dserial (the wild west days of home-brew when people still used GBA flash cards to boot nds software), it's probably a generic r4 or dstt clone, with a cpld used store the header and payload, and what looks like an eeprom, they didn't use glob top chip on board (which is actually cheaper though)

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think that it is an Ace3DS or Ace3DS+. If you want, I can post the Ace3DS+ firmware here.
Those tend to be the most common clones, right next to the R4i-SDHC clones. I am not sure if all Ace+ all use the same binary launcher, but I do know they all use the same hacked version of Wood R4

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean have seen flash-carts that'll have masqueraded as multi-carts, but it being one game? thats pretty odd :/
r4isdhc.coms are so cheap and crappy (and so are small microSDs in bulk) they're likely cheaper than making actual custom roms (especially given that since the GBA, the chip holding the game is not just a rom but has "smarts" for sequential access, encryption since the DS, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling