Hacking Whats so good about the Hori products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Whats so good about the Hori Screen Protectors? i find it easier and cheaper to just but some from the shops (EB Games...) Theres alot of people on this site always refering to things like 'my Hori DS Lite Case'. Why not just DS Lite case? Can someone answer!

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ITS JAPANESE QUALITY!!!!!
that's like all u really need to know i mean a lot of there stuff is top-notch
but its just they're like a gaming accesory co. and its good quality

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
That doesnt mean anything! here is everyone buying things off the internet for higher prices when you can get the same thing from the shops!
QUOTE said:
I DON'T CARE!!!!!! DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! THEY'RE STILL JUST NORMAL SCREEN PROTECTORS!!!!!!

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think many times its just people's trust in a "brand"
and plus the internet always large selections than stores and often times cheaper

such as buying hori from DX its only $7($1.50 for fakes) and in stores i saw them at like $10
personally i like internet but i have no credit card so w.e

but i mean its not like u cant trust gamestop made stuff its good quality yea for sure
but i think ppl believe that hori is made for GAME ACCESORIES so its definitely ensuring to the customers

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a professional brand, actually endorsed by Nintendo.

That's the main reason, and I'm actually surprised by the quality of their Screen protecter. No, I don't have some Hori this and Hori that. I have the Hori screen protector, and some no name brand DSL case. The case broke in 3 months.

As of now, after great uses, the screen protector only has a few small scratches that are barely noticeable. More like just one single scratch.

Usually, I really don't like big brand named items, mainly because of the Ipods, but Hori is actually giving great quality products, etc, and actually proved to me that it's a good brand. I do wish that their prices are a little lower though.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS closes for storage and I don't tear into my screen with the stylus. I see no need for a screen protector, but apparently others do.

I don't own any Hori accessories, but I hear they are very high quality. The fact that they are officially licensed provides some reassurance for buyers.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori is so well known because they produce great products that won't fall apart on you. I only have used their screen protectors, but I hear all of their products are "top notch."

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, as ojsinnerz said, Hori is endorsed by Nintendo....The quality is on very high level....If I can, I'd rather pay $7 for Hori screen protectors, than $5 for no-name..
It's just as simple as that..

QUOTE said:
I DON'T CARE!!!!!! DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! THEY'RE STILL JUST NORMAL SCREEN PROTECTORS!!!!!!
Actually, it does change something, if you get yourself some no-name that has glue to stick onto screen, and scratches easily, you can damage your screen, and have hard time gating protector off the screen..
and if YOU DON'T CARE...why are you bothering us, just buy yourself what would you like to have and what do you care of!!
smile.gif

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's true, Hori make quality products. I bought a genuine Hori screen protector while I was over in Japan, and I had some random no name screen protector on. It left this nasty residue when I took it off... and now Hori is protecting my screen.

If you're naive enough to believe that you're careful enough to not ever scratch your screen and not need a screen protector, you probably don't play your DS at all or play games like EBA.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
True, try beating EBA, Ouendan or Ninja Gaiden on hard....and come here and say you haven't made any scratch on your screen......

If you do that, I believe you'll be considered a god here!!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've beaten EBA and the Ouendan 1 (Working on Ouendan 2) and there has been some scratches but there cant be enough to call them 'serious'. My brother has played NG:DS and he has a few scratches. My screen protectors are 3rd Earth (aus) and he didn't have any. Mine are still in good condition, but the 'scratches' are more so stylus marks like any screen protector gets. I also have an R4 so I play my DS quite often

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
and if YOU DON'T CARE...why are you bothering us, just buy yourself what would you like to have and what do you care of!!
smile.gif

This guy speaks the truth. TC, it seems you actually HATE Hori. You don't like it, you don't buy it. People have already given you enough reasons why they are so highly considered. If you don't want to acknowledge the fact that Hori screen protectors are top notch in quality/price terms, that's fine. Go buy whatever you like.

chaotic1ne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got some protectors from gamestop and they sucked and i removed them asap, when i ordered my replacement case they sent me some hori protectors, they work seem so much better!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like the OP's been lucky and wound up with a decent one from a different brand, in which case tell us which ones you're using so we can all save some money!

There are some unbranded screen protectors that are just fine, but it's a gamble you won't know the outcome of until you try one. People stick with Hori because they know for certain that they're getting something that won't leave behind a load of gunk when they take it off. Some people like to play it safe, I'm sure everyone's been stung by crap cheap products and if you do the math it can sometimes be cheaper in the long run to buy an expensive item that lasts than a cheap one that frequently needs replacing.

Krazykirk: not true, I don't have screen protectors and my system survived EBA, Trauma Centre and Canvas Caurse just fine. I must confess though, I have one scratch on my screen caused by Animal Crossing and that was only cause I was playing in the dark and something got stuck under the stylus (I felt it go).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hori brand protectors have multiple layers for things like glare protection and don't use glue to attach to the screen. That's what makes them better.

As for peeps wondering WHY anyone needs protectors.....I would rather scratch a protector and be able to change it than scratch the actual screen and be forever stuck with it that way. Think of the protectors as an insurance policy for continued enjoyment of your investment.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
The Hori brand protectors have multiple layers for things like glare protection and don't use glue to attach to the screen. That's what makes them better.

As for peeps wondering WHY anyone needs protectors.....I would rather scratch a protector and be able to change it than scratch the actual screen and be forever stuck with it that way. Think of the protectors as an insurance policy for continued enjoyment of your investment.
Exactly the reasons I bought [ emphasis] HORI [ /emphasis] screen protectors, let's see, a $3.00(yes, because of exchange rates and standards etc., I'm sure it's genuine) screen protector or a probably expensive as heck touch screen...I'm betting on the first one.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, as ojsinnerz said, Hori is endorsed by Nintendo....The quality is on very high level....If I can, I'd rather pay $7 for Hori screen protectors, than $5 for no-name..
It's just as simple as that..

QUOTE said:
Actually, it does change something, if you get yourself some no-name that has glue to stick onto screen, and scratches easily, you can damage your screen, and have hard time gating protector off the screen..
smile.gif

Actually, you took me the wrong way,

8BitWalugi said:
That doesnt mean anything! here is everyone buying things off the internet for higher prices when you can get the same thing from the shops!

I was replying with 'I don't care if they're japanese quality'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games