What's next for Advance Wars?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sphere9, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009

What's next for Advance Wars? by sphere9 at 8:54 AM (1,347 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. sphere9
    OP

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    What's next in the Advance Wars series? I thought that the last title was brilliant, has a sequel been announced? I'm fairly confident that they will nail it with the next instalment.

2. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Dual Strike was better than DoR. DoR ruined the setting, IMO.
    Anyhoo, I think they're saving the next Advance Wars for the DS' successor.

3. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I think they tried to make it too "gritty" when they moved to the new setting. Considering AW was always about "cutifying" war, the post-apocalyptic situation didn't make much sense. I preferred the first AW, which was completely out-of-context, no idea why you're fighting, turnbased strategy. Storyline just complicates everything, leave that for Fire Emblem. [​IMG]

4. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    it's good gameplay [​IMG]

I want another advance wars game. What land is getting attacked now, all new nitro land aaaaaaaaaaah

5. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I would like one without animeeeh and cute graphics.

6. qwsed

Member qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Anguilla
    DoR was far better than all the other titles. The other titles was like the game was wargames and not real conflict... They were always happy and smiling. This had depression, depth, tears... Very good^^

Tho i dont think DoR should have an sequel. I think the series need a new planet, alien and human ^^

7. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I don't know about you guys but I actually found DoR not gritty enough. [​IMG] They hyped it up to have a serious and adult theme but it turned out just about as serious and adult as Samurai Jack. They didn't want to get over a 12+ rating I guess.

8. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    DoR graphics with classic overpowered CO Powers = The AW I would want to see

I want to see realistic Eagle and Grit

9. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    DoR in my opinion was so much better for multiplayer if you liked balance, save caulder. I used to enjoy that metagame alot. AW:DS had more modes; but no online.

Both games set-up for a sequel in there endings. I hope Dual strike gets a sequel first, if only to have both versions online. AWBW doesn't cut it.

10. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    They're going to sell the franchise to Ubisoft who will release 'Imagine Wars'.

11. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    QFT, although I vomited a little.

12. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    While I enjoyed DoR and AW:DS, they had their faults. I liked the story better in AW:DS, but there were fundamental game aspects that were 'broken' (read:Tag CO Powers). My problem with DoR was that it didn't quite feel like Advance Wars for me, even though it was a good game.

(Although I personally feel that Advance Wars 1&2 on the GBA were better than both DoR & DS).

Still, roll on sequels...