Android What's new on your 2.3.4 phone update?

Maid-chan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Because I own Xperia arc, my new 2.3.4 update contains:

- You can share your apps to facebook
- New facebook integration
- Now you can use 3D Panorama with your camera
- New widget : World clock
- New keyboard skin
- Now you can use Swype on your keyboard
- New folder skin
- New animation for music player widget

Source: My phone
rolleyes.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Haven't updated, but i've read that my xperia play will get HD video recording from updating to 2.3.4 - not that i need it, so i won't bother for now.

edit: it may be "custom stuff by sony" but it's still what i get from updating to 2.3.4

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maid-chan said:
Terminator02 said:
that's all custom stuff by sony, not 2.3.4 features
And why it says 2.3.4 then?
closedeyes.gif
The update is based on 2.3.4. Sony have customised it. The features you listed are all Sony-added features, not features from 2.3.4.

The actual 2.3.4 update is most likely a pretty minor update, just a few bug fixes etc. Usually new features are added in updates where the second number changes (e.g. 2.2 -> 2.3), but only bug fixes are added when the third number changes (e.g. 2.3.3 -> 2.3.4). If the first number changes, it basically means a pretty big change with lots of new features (e.g. 1 -> 2). [This is a general rule, not specific to Android]

It just happens that Sony have chosen this Android version to add a bunch of new custom features.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Android 2.3.4 on stock Android should've been the update that added voice/video chat for Google Talk. It also applied a security patch on an exploit that could be used to transfer malware to the phone. It was the same exploit used by GingerBreak to root various 2.3 Gingerbread devices, like the Arc.

With that, each carrier will be bringing a different set of features in the 2.3.4 updates. Sony Ericsson's latest commitment to their devices, well appreciated by many on its userbase, has led to every incremental update on their flagship devices to boast long lists of features. This can't be said the same for other devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: well actually a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in...