Hacking Whats New on the scene

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ive been jumping between this and the 3ds/wiiU scene and been more focused on the nintendo side of things. So i was wondering what has changed.

Can we play games from 3.60+ yet?
And anyone got any games theyd recommend for it been looking around my locale gamestop but they no longer have a vita corner so havent had much luck finding good ones besides the ones ive downloaded on to my vita that work on less then 3.60 thanks.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp had firmware spoofing i think also it had custom firmwares that i think let you bypass requirements or something. Not really an expert sorta why im asking lol

Last edited by jahrs,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ive been jumping between this and the 3ds/wiiU scene and been more focused on the nintendo side of things. So i was wondering what has changed.

Can we play games from 3.60+ yet?
And anyone got any games theyd recommend for it been looking around my locale gamestop but they no longer have a vita corner so havent had much luck finding good ones besides the ones ive downloaded on to my vita that work on less then 3.60 thanks.

Gamestop's going out of business, did you hear about their recent rental service that got the plug pulled? Radio Shack virtually went out of business after ebay took off, and department stores began to carry more varied electronics ............. Gamestop is going out of business because of new services that are only between 5 and 10 years old, that is dedicated online sales of games.

Right now more than ever you will not find a fair trade value on used games, or used purchased items from gamestop, ebay and amazon.com does it better, gamestop is the last place you go, and right now more than ever also, gamestop sales representatives and employees refuse to buy used games and equipment more often then every (gamestop is really a depressing environment to shop!).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does firmware spoofing even work, just tricking the system to work with the game? IF it required the update files to run and it runs fine without it, why need a update? I would assume the game would glitched, bug or crash and not be playable without the required firmware update. :blink:

Reactions: Quantumcat

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So how does firmware spoofing even work, just tricking the system to work with the game? IF it required the update files to run and it runs fine without it, why need a update? I would assume the game would glitched, bug or crash and not be playable without the required firmware update. :blink:
Most updates are security fixes. These don't effect the software really. The spoofing temporarily replaces the fw version string so the software thinks it's OK to launch when it calls upon it. Used to be that games didn't require a minimum fw version. That was added later, along with games being packaged with updates, to force updating

Edit, in fact. If you go back to the original xbox and playstation days, those consoles where packaged with different firm version depending on manufacture date. But any game would run on any version. The version check was part of the war against piracy. The idea being you would need to patch out your exploits in order to continue enjoying the console. Sorry for the history lesson.

Last edited by WeedZ,
Reactions: zfreeman

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i get some recommendations for games for the vita sorta just getting random info not really related as much to what i asked. I dont mind just was looking for more of the whole hey this game is hood and this is whats up on the vita scene

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Can i get some recommendations for games for the vita sorta just getting random info not really related as much to what i asked. I dont mind just was looking for more of the whole hey this game is hood and this is whats up on the vita scene
The only games I could get into on vita were killzone for online deathmatches and maybe terraria. The rest is weeb garbage

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
3,60+ gaems are not available, but since vita is ded we barely have new releases that are worth mentioning, so I guess it's tolarable.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
things coming up look nice rinngermate is doing a upscale mode 1080p to 4k ...god only knows how but its been on twitter for a while now ... SD2VITA in case you missed it ~ micro sd cards in vita ...
as for games axiom verge now works with noDRM ,,Y's 8 has been translated ( Decent ARPG ) there is a Freeshop like DS now Retroarch hasn't changed much ... Still no sign of N64 for vita ... some homebrews like onemenu is out changes the XMB .. not great tho... needs improvements ....i haven't touched my Vita in months but i pop my head in.. here and Reddit to see whats up ... when the upscale thing arrives .. thats when i will dust off my vita ... last game i played was The Swapper ... a good puzzle type Limbo game .. 2D style

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
things coming up look nice rinngermate is doing a upscale mode 1080p to 4k ...god only knows how but its been on twitter for a while now ... SD2VITA in case you missed it ~ micro sd cards in vita ...
as for games axiom verge now works with noDRM ,,Y's 8 has been translated ( Decent ARPG ) there is a Freeshop like DS now Retroarch hasn't changed much ... Still no sign of N64 for vita ... some homebrews like onemenu is out changes the XMB .. not great tho... needs improvements ....i haven't touched my Vita in months but i pop my head in.. here and Reddit to see whats up ... when the upscale thing arrives .. thats when i will dust off my vita ... last game i played was The Swapper ... a good puzzle type Limbo game .. 2D style

OneMenu doesn't actually change the XMB. It's an application you enter in that that emulates the menu. Also the "upscale" plugin Rinnegatamante is working on is for increasing the rendering resolution of games the community find the values for (like the cheat plugins). The 1080p/4K thing was exclusive to Ridge Racer because the game has a lot of overhead in eight of the nine courses most of the time. Setting it to render at 1080p just means supersamping down to 544p, which will get upscaled on a PSTV back to 720p/1080i

Last edited by InquisitionImplied,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneMenu doesn't actually change the XMB. It's an application you enter in that that emulates the menu. Also the "upscale" plugin Rinnegatamante is working on is for increasing the rendering resolution of games the community find the values for. The 1080p/4K thing was exclusive to Ridge Racer because the game has a lot of overhead in eight of the nine courses most of the time. Setting it to render at 1080p just means supersamping down to 544p, which will get upscaled on a PSTV back to 720p/1080i
only ridge racer? no way i doubt that very much... why would anyone bother ...? RR was crap on vita .. i could have sworn when i read his twitter he mentioned it would work on many games NOT all i forget the reason why now ..you are right on onemenu i think tho ~ i didnt like it from the off .... i always hated the bubbles .... but onemenu is going in the right direction .... i'd be happy with a psp ps3 xmb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr