What's needed to get MHX running on a US n3ds

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by zeromission80, Jan 28, 2016.

1. zeromission80
    OP

zeromission80 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    I'm sure it's probably posted somewhere in here but I just want to know what I'd need to play the translated version of Monster Hunter X on my US new 3ds console.. a little backround it's currently not hacked at all and I don't want to lose all my save data and other things, I do believe that it is capable of being downgraded... would it be best to buy the actual cart then dump it to a Cia as I want to play it online as well, sorry I know this is alot to ask I've been away from the scene for a little while... thanks in advance tempers :yay3ds:

2. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    I wasn't even aware there was a translated version..
    Also if your N3DS isn't hacked at all, then you're SOL.

If you buy a JP cartridge, it will be in Japanese. No doubt about that. So it makes no sense to buy the cart and dump it to CIA then install that (which you can't even do right now), plus your 3DS won't be able to run out of region games.

justln likes this.
  3. zeromission80
    OP

zeromission80 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Hmm kind of a rude reply.... 1 there is a translation 2 I did mention my 3ds is hackable and I've also read somewhere that there is region free, also buying a legit cart seems like the right thing to do not to mention the unique Id would be mine Hense the playing online part that I'd want to do guess I'll just search the forums for my answers thanks anyway

4. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    How is it rude? You asked a question and I answered.
    So how do you plan to access said translation? Is it included in the cart? Is it only for a modded CIA? Do you have a dump of the translation you plan to inject?
    Considering the game is only released in Japan, I doubt there is a region free version with translation. There are no such thing as 'region-free' carts. If you purchase it from Japan, it's only usable in Japan.
    Region-free CIAs would mean that you'd be pirating the game, in which case the 'playing online part' would include a ban risk as well as 'the unique id' which wouldn't be yours. CIAs don't have header files.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta, Jan 28, 2016
    justln likes this.
  5. Madobe Ai

Madobe Ai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Moe
  6. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    You seem to be way too sensitive, DesuIsSparta's reply wasn't rude in anyway. Unique ID does not matter when you're using a cia file which uses your 3DS as the identifier.

Not forgetting that you can't even install the compulsory update cia file to go online for US 3DS even if you're using a legit cartridge without a CFW. Buying a cartridge is fine, thinking it'll be easier is just dumb when people already dumped the game as cia and a prepatched v10 1.2 patch is easily available.

From your reply, you clearly have zero idea on what needs to be done so please go do some research on what a CFW is and how to install cia files, otherwise you're screwed from the get go with your incomplete knowledge.

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  7. TSSableye

TSSableye GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    For Christ's sake, just visit THAT iso site and get yourself a CIA for it. I'm pretty sure someone must've made a Region Free version of the game by now with the patch pre-installed.

8. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I downloaded the cia file form that magical site and is region free Even the updates installed fine...and no I don't feel bad about not paying for it since nintendon't hasn't bothered bringing it to the US yet despite the game being out for a while

9. TSSableye

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    This...please do the same TC. Seriously though, this thread is kind of pointless.

I don't want to come off as rude, but if your 3ds isn't hacked yet, why bother asking this question now? You also said that you BELIEVE that it is capable of being hacked. If you're running anything above 10.3 firmware you're out of luck. If not, just remember there's also a slight chance that you may brick your 3ds in the downgrading process. What you do with that information is up to you.

Btw, you do know that CIA's can be played online right? Just be careful you don't get banned :P

10. Xenost

Xenost Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    France

I bought the cartridge and play with the translation patch and I didn't download the game as a CIA, I just play with my cartridge in; but the reason is that I want to avoid piracy as much as possible (even if from Nintendo perspective it's still piracy). PM me the FW version of your 3DS, I'll help you.

God that's a stupid reason, the game has been out for like 1 month, everything can still happen and even if the game won't come to the US it's still not a legitimate reason for piracy, you can do it but don't try to say it's the good thing to do.

11. TSSableye

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    OBJECTION!!!

The game has been out since November 28th :P

Also, I think we should get back on topic since I can already see this is getting derailed...

BADDINOROX99 likes this.