Whats my rarest game?

D

Deleted User

Is MGS HD Legacy with the slipcover and book? That actually is something fans would like to own.

I personally own the slipcover and book, but sold the game. I did so thinking it'd get a PS4 release... Yeah, right. :-|

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I own a game called Chiki Chiki Boys for Sega Genesis. That's probably it.
Rarity stuff, I'd say the Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z releases. Got three of them (third set not pictured).

qAaI3Zl.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Usually PAL (or worse Australia/New Zealand) versions
The Australian versions are nearly the same as the rest of all the PAL ones, the only difference is the cover with the Australian rating. I'll grant you that AU had a few exclusive game editions, but that's more or less about it.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I own a game called Chiki Chiki Boys for Sega Genesis. That's probably it.
Nope that game is not rare at all. it was realesed in the west as Mega Twins and is available on a number of different systems including the genesis/pc engine cd/atari st/amiga/psp/ps2/xbox and arcade. It also sold a huge amount of copies on every system it was realesed for.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Australian versions are nearly the same as the rest of all the PAL ones, the only difference is the cover with the Australian rating. I'll grant you that AU had a few exclusive game editions, but that's more or less about it.

In a technical/dump the game and check its hash sense then sure.

In a "I can't be arsed to ship it all the way around the world and only one fish shop in the outback ever sold copies here, their total stock was 100" sense then that is a different matter.

Go somewhere where the games were not at all (say Russia, parts of Africa or the middle east) and you also pay a considerable premium.

redalchemy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope that game is not rare at all. it was realesed in the west as Mega Twins and is available on a number of different systems including the genesis/pc engine cd/atari st/amiga/psp/ps2/xbox and arcade. It also sold a huge amount of copies on every system it was realesed for.

I didn't say it was particularly rare, just that it's the rarest I own.

Last edited by redalchemy,
D

Deleted User

I only own physical games for GameCube anymore, but there I have some more rare:

Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

...I think Pikmin 2 and Tales of Symphonia were costly until they got rereleases. Paper Mario, Twilight Princess and Wario World might have some monetary value.

So the only really rare is Fire Emblem. Probably should play it someday, as I have only completed some tutorial levels and nothing else.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a complete PAL copy of Chocobo Racing for PS1, which I picked up pre-owned for less than half it's retail price a few weeks after it came out. Despite it being a really poor cart racer I kept it all this time.
While it's not the rarest (or most valuable) game I own, current pricing for it is a good indication of how stupid supply/demand is for even crap spin-off's of popular franchises.
Here's a screeny of the first listings to pop in ebay as of today...
rRCAjQj.jpg

...imo, it's not worth the £20 (or less) I spent on it +20 years ago.

Reactions: SylverReZ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I once played that as well.

Think I had more fun in the Final Fantasy 7 chocobo races and nobody is in a hurry to replay that minigame.

Oh well. More evidence for the "game collecting has strange aspects and people in it" notion.

Reactions: duwen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a complete PAL copy of Chocobo Racing for PS1, which I picked up pre-owned for less than half it's retail price a few weeks after it came out. Despite it being a really poor cart racer I kept it all this time.
While it's not the rarest (or most valuable) game I own, current pricing for it is a good indication of how stupid supply/demand is for even crap spin-off's of popular franchises.
Here's a screeny of the first listings to pop in ebay as of today...
rRCAjQj.jpg

...imo, it's not worth the £20 (or less) I spent on it +20 years ago.
Well, it seems to have more than doubled in value in the last 2 years...

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 09.36.52.png

...let's see what it's at in another couple of years, then maybe I'll cash it in :)

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Bought these games over 20 years ago
and they are rare atleast for me

Attachments

• 20221117_112713.jpg
    20221117_112713.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20221117_112722.jpg