What's my best bet for purchasing an N3DS < 11.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 9fiftyfive, Oct 25, 2016.

1. 9fiftyfive
    OP

9fiftyfive Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    I've just sold my 2DS so that I can buy a New Nintendo 3DS (normal size) that comes with a downgradeable firmware. I had looked into the Super Mario Land bundle:

https://www.amazon.com/New-Nintendo-3DS-Super-Mario-Land/dp/B01JSROIBM/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477362742&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=new+nintendo+3ds+mario+bundle

I planned to purchase this one, however, there are some reports that Nintendo allegedly ran out of ones that ran 10.7 and are now shipping them with 11.1. However, many buyers have explicitly stated that the DS shipped is running 10.7. I'm not sure if it's worth taking that risk, in case my DS comes on 11.1.

My second option is to purchase a Happy Home Designer Bundle 3DS off of eBay for significantly more. This would guarantee that the firmware would be on 10.7 or some other downgradeable firmware, however, it would cost me more money.

Are these my two options as of now when it comes to purchasing a downgradeable N3DS? If not, what are some other bundles to look into purchasing, and if these are my only two options, which would you recommend purchasing? Thanks!

2. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Where is that report?
    Well, I'm the one buying Mario 3D Land Bundle. But, since I bought in my country, the stock isn't the same as US.
    So I can't garuntee.

3. 9fiftyfive
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    From the Amazon Q+A:

4. SonicCloud

SonicCloud 19/09/1985 - 19/09/2017...

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    That's not confirmed , so we cannot really believe if this is true
    But just in case everything happens , buy the HHD bundle

Last edited by SonicCloud, Oct 25, 2016
  5. boots_n_cats

boots_n_cats Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    Canada
    What part of the US are you in? Up here in Canada the Mario 3D Land n3ds with 10.7 are everywhere. If you are close to the border it's worth dropping by for the overpriced booze and abundant downgradeable 3ds. If you really want, you could get someone to ship you one from here but it would easily end up being over $200 USD after GST, PST, shipping, and import duties.

astrangeone likes this.
  6. 9fiftyfive
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    That's a good idea. Do you think (if Amazon messes it up) I could get a full refund/return? In the past I've had to pay for shipping on Amazon returns.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm in Wisconsin. Thanks for the offer, but I'll stay in Wisconsin to get my DS :)

Given the fact that it could be $200+ to import from Canada, I'm sure I can find a sealed Mario bundle on eBay, or even just a HHD bundle.