Whats is hello world screen?and Wololo make a big step with that?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by michael18, Dec 24, 2011.

1. michael18
    OP

Member michael18 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hello guys recentyl i found this on jailbreakscene.com.Because i dont know much about ps vita hack can anyone explain me what is this?a big step to hack it? or not?

[​IMG]

Long-time developer Wololo has confirmed that the PS Vita exploit, discovered by Teck4 is indeed real and working. What’s next for the PS Vita scene? Expect the ‘Half-Byte Loader’ (HBL) to make an appearance on PS Vita. One suggestion from Wololo, wait until PS Vita is available in North America and Europe before releasing this exploit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kVQNl2olKQo

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The article specifically says that it's a PSP exploit using the Vita's PSP emulator and probably nothing will come in terms of Vita hacking from it.

You're gonna need a Vita exploit for Vita hacking, not a PSP exploit on the Vita for hacking.

3. Roamin64

Newcomer Roamin64 Member

Canada
    A "Hello World" program is usually the first , and most basic piece of unsigned code that is launched from a device by homebrew developpers. It does what it says, it simply says Hello World. It is a proof of concept that you can run your own code on the machine. In this case, its via PSP emulation, on the PS VITA, so its not a VITA "Hello World" , but its a Hello World running on that machine. It may or may not lead to hacking the VITA more, depending on what is allowed to do with the system while in PSP mode.

Mostlikely it won't do much for the VITA itself, but its a start.