Hacking What's happened to Dealextreme?

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been down for days now, and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any posts about it on here.

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on with them? Have they been closed down or?

At first I thought it was probably just server troubles, but evidently not, seeing as it's been days now.

hacker07

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.greenbookhackers.com
XP
Country
rumblesushi said:
It's been down for days now, and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any posts about it on here.

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on with them? Have they been closed down or?

At first I thought it was probably just server troubles, but evidently not, seeing as it's been days now.
Uhh.... I am on dealextreme.com right now.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell? You must be kidding me
biggrin.gif

This is the message I get from firefox and IE, both of them. Been happening for days now, usually the site is fine for me, from this same computer, same broadband.

QUOTE said:
"Address Not Found

www.dealextreme.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of

"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing."

hacker07

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.greenbookhackers.com
XP
Country
rumblesushi said:
biggrin.gif

This is the message I get from firefox and IE, both of them. Been happening for days now, usually the site is fine for me, from this same computer, same broadband.

"Address Not Found

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of

"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing."
Try going to mathwhizzer.com and use that to see if it works then.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hacker, thanks a lot. My god, how bizarre, it works with a proxy?

DX has been banned from O2 or what? How peculiar.

Is there anyway I could remedy this if my ISP is blocking this site? I'm not sure how comfortable I am with ordering stuff with a CC through a proxy.

Cheers.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hacker07 said:
rumblesushi said:
biggrin.gif

"Address Not Found

"www.mozilla.org")

Try going to mathwhizzer.com and use that to see if it works then.

Mine works fine, every now and then I get that, but I just click refresh and it fixes itself.

hacker07

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.greenbookhackers.com
XP
Country
rumblesushi said:
Hacker, thanks a lot. My god, how bizarre, it works with a proxy?

DX has been banned from O2 or what? How peculiar.

Is there anyway I could remedy this if my ISP is blocking this site? I'm not sure how comfortable I am with ordering stuff with a CC through a proxy.

Cheers.
No problem.
You can use an official proxy through your web browser. For example 32.123.456.32 could be a proxy ip you can use. Usually they are from other countries and they are safer. It is basicly using a different ISP through your own ISP. I have used one once, it is safe. I can give you a website. http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ try there. you must configure firefox to use a proxy though.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fryguy, as it happens that's just what I did, and it works perfectly
wink.gif

Thanks for the help people.

I had an inkling it might be just me, as I thought it was odd there were no existing threads about it.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
rumblesushi said:

Must be you because I ordered two M3 DS Real cartridges a week ago and just checked the status yesterday. Maybe you're running Peer Guardian? Try disabling it.

angemala

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it seems to be only down in the UK. It's being blocked. It's very annoying. Since I'm not a brit, I'm not sure on this question - are they allowed to do that? They aren't allowed where I'm from originally...

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
angemala said:
Yeah, it seems to be only down in the UK. It's being blocked. It's very annoying. Since I'm not a brit, I'm not sure on this question - are they allowed to do that? They aren't allowed where I'm from originally...
Unfortunately the battle against piracy is in full force from all sides. It's been strong on the hardware side of piracy and it's picking up speed against the software side of piracy. The U.S. and its allies are trying to push the smaller European countries to see things their way and they're succeeding.

angemala

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dunno... there's a local store here that sells the DS mod cards. Not sure what else on the site is so horribly illegal. They don't even sell wiikeys. Come on now :-P If a local store can sell the mod card, then there's no reason for them to block a site that does. Besides, there are lots of sites in the uk and otherwise that sell worse than the ds card. Ps2 mod tools, xbox mods, etc. Blocking this site because it sells ds cards is just ridiculous really.

And for those not in the UK - OK! WE GET IT. It works for you. We've already concluded it's an issue on the O2 network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol