Hacking Whats going to happen if you...

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousins NDS broke so my Aunt sent it to gamestop to get repaired but it still had the Acekard in it that I gave to him as a gift.
So what's going to happen, will he get in trouble?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, if she sent it to Gamestop she better have had their extended warranty. If not, that was a mistake. Secondly, the worst Gamestop can do is send it back without repairing it and then ban you from the store for knowledge of your possible piracy. (Doesn't matter if you scam them or not to get your games, just seeing a flash cart is grounds to be banned. I've seen it happen before.) If they keep the cart and/or dispose of it, then you have a legal case. They disposed of your property without your consent. Now, if you pursue said legal issue, you may be immediately followed by one for piracy. You'd get your cart and DS back, but you'd lose them in the next case.

Basically, hope for the best. If they do their job right, you won't get your repairs but you will get your stuff back.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

These are the worst case scenarios:

They keep the acekard.
They keep the MicroSD.
They wipe the MicroSD clean.

Or maybe they won't touch it at all, because for all they know, they have the original games. I don't know what kind of trouble he would get into...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
No.

They keep the acekard.
They keep the MicroSD.

Or maybe they won't touch it at all, because for all they know, they have the original games. I don't know what kind of trouble he would get into...

Gamestop has absolutely no legal right to do such a thing. Like I said, if they do their job right they just won't do the repairs. He may also get banned for suspected piracy/scamming, but that's up to the store manager. If they keep it, they're doing something illegal.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, your cousin's family may get into somewhat of a crisis there. I'm not sure what will happen, but it's not going to be good.

You gotta teach the family about piracy at least.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MarcusRaven said:
ShadowSoldier said:
No.

They keep the acekard.
They keep the MicroSD.

Gamestop has absolutely no legal right to do such a thing. Like I said, if they do their job right they just won't do the repairs. He may also get banned for suspected piracy/scamming, but that's up to the store manager. If they keep it, they're doing something illegal.

Doesn't change the fact that some dicks actually keep/steal the stuff and lie about it.

They can't exactly ban you as backing up your games, uploading them to your computer and putting it on a flashcard, isn't illegal. Downloading Roms is. But backing up your own collection, is not. So they would be doing wrong if they ban.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you were supposed to remove the cart before sending it in, then they might just keep it and lie, knowing full well you'll need to take them to court to get it back, and you can't just make a news story about it either to make them look bad.

Hope the guy that handles it isn't a dick, or doesn't know what a flash cart is.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think all they do is send it back along with a letter telling they can't fix it because of the flash cart

it dosen't matter if it was sent to nintendo or gamestop

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I thought you were going to mention Nintendo, now that would be funny.
Hmm If the people at GameStop are nice enough people they won't do anything to it. Worst thing that could happen is they tell Nintendo or something like that :/

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My aunt knew about the Acekard and piracy stuff but she thought it was one of thier regular games in slot-1.
Also were not sure if the people at gamestop did the repair themselves or sent it to nintendo.
The cousins I gave the Acekard to is either six or seven I can't remember =P

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ha ha, when you send in your system for repairs they tell you to take out/off any games, dust cover for gba slot, stylus and any other accessories such as wrist straps or cases/covers. You should never ever leave anything that isn't bolted to the system in or on it because they can either lose it or it can be stolen by some a-hole....so whether it was a legit game or not, the aunt should have been instructed to take everything out of the system before bringing/sending it in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone