Hardware Whats currently the best soderless chip for 4.0

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, you will probably not get bricked, because almost every modchip contains a update blocker, and if you brickblock your games first, it is 99,99999999% save.

the choise for 4.0 is the same as for every other FW, because hardmods aren't blocked

macaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ease of installation doesn't really depend on system menu version, rather what version of DVD drive you have, and if it's chips are covered in epoxy or not.
Bust it open and have a look.

slaged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone had any experience with
hxxp://www.modchipcentral.com/store/drivekey-wii-modchip-100-solderless-modchip-that-works-on-all-drives-w-free-triwing-phillips-screwdriver-mod-chip.html
?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
never used that mod chip before but i highly recommend that site.

and as the post above states its the drive you have not the system menu.

how old is your wii if you just bought it recently it probability has epoxy and will make it tough to install. could always open up your wii and check before you buy it.

after reading the chip description it says it attaches to the ribbon cable and not attached to the board which means its likely still running games at 3x speeds (Not sure if it is or not since its the first i herd of this chip)

looks good to me overall but id research it a bit more before buying.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drivekey works on all wiis and is easy to install... but it's limited to 3x read speeds... same as soft mod which means there are some problems with a few games though the vast majority will play perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over