PS1/2 WHATS BETTER THE PS2 FAT OR PS2 SLIM

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what is better the fat or the slim

i heard from a mate that the fat is better because you can put a hdd in it and the laser last longer but he said its hard to do a swap disc without other discs ect is this true ?

its not a big deal tho

but i do not know

the fat will cost $40NZD slim is $60

please help as i just swapped a mate of mine my broken xbox1 for 6 ps2 games and i want to get one asap

im going in 30mins to get one so need quick reply's

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Slim is better, had mine since I was 7 and I never had any problems. My friend has a fat one and it looks awful. Get the slim.
Yoshi, the Fat can do just as much as the Slim and *more*, why would you choose the limited and more expensive option? Just because it's smaller? Please.
2 more people to comment but at this stage looks like i will go for fat and if i ever want a slim at some point i will get one buy that time i bet they will be even more cheaper

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're getting a ps2 slim check if the laser lens data ribbon doesn't make contact with the underside of the game disc.
That causes circles on the discs and it's noticible later on.
Some later ps2 slim models fixed that though.
Forget about swapmagic and use Free MCboot with ESR.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're getting a ps2 slim check if the laser lens data ribbon doesn't make contact with the underside of the game disc.
Who cares about circles on discs - I'd be more worried about the friggin' ribbon getting damaged.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 minutes left! They are the same just a prefrence slim look nicer but no HDD tough you still need to buy the adapter

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares about circles on discs - I'd be more worried about the friggin' ribbon getting damaged.

The lens data ribbon will not get damaged, but circular scratches on discs will cause reading/loading issues later on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

The lens data ribbon will not get damaged, but circular scratches on discs will cause reading/loading issues later on.
Mod PS2 ---> Install USB/SMB/HDD Loader ---> Dump games ---> Never use the discs again, just put them on the shelf so they look nice.

The best method of taking care of your lens and discs is not using the lens and discs when not necessary.

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna say the fat. I have both, but the slim tends to get really loud and I always get scared it's going to overheat. Also, I think the fat is a lot easier to mod, especially with the hard drive slot.

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok i went down to shop and they said to me fat was $65 i was like on phone guy said $40 i was like they said the boss has gone so i can't ask him so he said $50 he plugged it in and i was making a weird sond sometimes when you load a disc so i said give it to me for $30 we talked and i got it for $32 with no memory card and a 1 month warranty

i was like pssed off as at them for saying that the ps2 was working 100% fine

is there a way to fix that weird sound

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8