What's best Real Time Clock slot 1+2 combination? +q's.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Fel, May 19, 2009.

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Hello!

I would like know which slot 1+2 RTC combination do you think is the best, taking into account that I don't need the option to cheat or Real Time Save. DS-GBA linkage would be greatly appreciated, but is not necessary, as I think it is possible to do it via No Cash GBA. Right? The most important thing for me is functionality of the ROMS, especially RPGs/strategy.

Out of the flashcards that I have researched, if I'm correct, RTC has M3 (both Lite and Perfect?) and Supercard (not sure which one though, maybe Lite?). However I'm not sure which would be better. What would be the best, what do you think? Are there any other RTC slot 2 flashcards that I have missed? (since DS has built-in clock, I take it that slot 1 cards don't need RTC, as it is provided by the console and therefore all slot 1 flashcards support RTC).

And the rest of the questions:

1. On one random page I found, someone wrote that when playing GBA games on a flashcard, it looks really horrible, way different from GBA. Is this true, are the resolution/colours really that different, or was it because the person perhaps had the backlight on on the strongest level?

2. Can you insert M3 Lite (or Supercard with RTC) into normal GBA and play?

Thank you very much everyone!

TO MODS/ADMINS : I just found a topic titled List here questions about which flashcard to buy, so since this topic shouldn't be here then, feel free to remove it. [​IMG]

2. nekkutta

Newcomer nekkutta Member

United States
    I have the M3 Lite Perfect, the RTC on it works great. both of the M3 lite perfects I have bought, one for my ds and one for my GBM (I'm lazy and didn't feel like changing the case going from one to the other) each one came with like 3 DS lite cases and one normal sized GBA case. as far as GBA-NDS linkage goes, I've never really messed with it, but I know its relatively simple with the M3 Real, with the exception you have to have your gba games that you want for linkage on the M3 Real.

hope that answers a couple of questions.

3. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Thank you very much! You have answered most of my questions. Could you please tell me how do the GBA games look on DS, when compared to GBA? Thank you once again!

Does anyone else have any suggestions or comments? [​IMG]

4. nekkutta

Newcomer nekkutta Member

United States
    I think they look alright, other than not filling up the whole screen (GBA is a smaller resolution than the DS) there is a thin black border around the screen, but other than that they look fine.