OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
Since Wii's chips are not in solid state and current Wii's have problem of getting a cut-leg, i wanted to actually get to GC.
is there any GC modchip that is:
1-not too expensive
2-its soldering not be hard (i'm a software guy afterall)
3-being able to run most of GC's best games (not all, but its best)

are GC's chips in solid state? do i have to get a certain GC to get ur recommended modchip on it? since i can just get one GC from a store and he doesnt know anything about it, neither do i, so plz say whatever is needed for GC modding.

another thing, i saw a bigger box for GC, like ice cube or something, what is that?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally use a Viper Extreme and dont' have any problems with it, not the cheapest chip though.

I did use the "softmod" before and didn't get great results with it, even after a POT tweak.

The cheapest chip would be Xeno GC2.0 and its just a no frills modchip, $9.90 + $5 shipping on divineo.cn.

I would highly recommend getting a replacement case (even if its just the case top) because full sized discs are cheaper and (IMO) more reliable but you are still limited to the 1.35GB of the gamecube laser.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
is soldering the viper hard? is there any versions or just getting the latest is ok?

what size is this replacement box? since i have concern of mailing it from states. and is it mandatory?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is soldering the viper hard? is there any versions or just getting the latest is ok?

what size is this replacement box? since i have concern of mailing it from states. and is it mandatory?
Viper Extreme was THE first modchip I ever installed and this was from a guy who only had about 3 hours max of soldering experience. Biggest problem you'll be having is finding out that it's real picky about the DVD you burn the game on. I went for what I thought was the cheap option and just ordered mini DVDs. I kept making coasters with them because a lot of them never read properly so I just bought a replacement case (it's the same size as your normal GC but allows full sized DVDs to be used).

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We've had loads of thread on this! Last one was only 2 weeks ago!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=553...ndpost&p=707782

test84 - Doesn't really matter what you get but since there's no love for it in this thread, personally I have a XenoGC: Cheapest chip there is, perfect compatibility and very easy to install (quick solder).

legendofphil / Harsky - Unless you're burning a HUUUUGE amount of games it does not work out cheaper buying a full sized case! ARGGGHH! (See second post of mine in thread I just linked to for the long explanation with less screaming!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)