Hacking WHATS AN ALTERNATIVE TOWARDS STARFALL FOR 3.2

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,964
  • Replies 34
D

Deleted User

OP
I NEED TO KNOW IF THERES A ALTERNITIVE TOWARDS STARFALL OR IF ANYTHINGS BETTER IN THAT MANNER, IM CONCIDERING UPGRADEING BUT IDK ANYONE HAVE IDEAS ?

D

Deleted User

OP
well they say its not completely safe but im just wondering because it is getting out of date.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No actual need to update, starfall will work fine. If installed correctly, it will help you to recover from a banner brick.
If you want something more recent, just because you can, install preloader. or wait for bootmii.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's preloader-like. It starts before the system menu does. So it can help to recover the system from bricks. the difference with preloader is that bootmii will start earlier after powering on.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WitoRIT92 said:
so which one is safer ?

well only preloader is out for now. And it's safe, I've installed and also uinstalled it, and that's all working fine.
And you can trust bootmii to be safe too. It's from the homebrew channel makers.

D

Deleted User

OP
do you need the internet to uninstall preloader if not what do you need? and is it safe for me to use both preloader and also starfall, and ummmm when from yourknowledge whould you think bootmi would be released ?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends on how you uninstall it. You do that by reinstalling a fresh system menu. You can use the any region changer for that, that will require internet. Or use the wad manager to reinstall the system menu wad (you'll have to grab this somewhere first).
Starfall and preloader can coexist, but they do pretty much the same stuff, so there's no need for that.
And bootmii will get released when it's done. They're definitely making progress, because now they're asking people to run a small version checker application that will collect (and send) some data needed for further development.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your at 3.2 and want starfall like hacks and want to use preloader you must use AnyRegion Changer 1.1bM5 both can be found in the softmii package...

just do yourself a favor after using anyregion changer 1.1bm5 make sure to use ios downgrader to make sure you have all of your ios's installed allot of people are surprised to find they don't....

-kitt050383

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
it's preloader-like. It starts before the system menu does. So it can help to recover the system from bricks. the difference with preloader is that bootmii will start earlier after powering on.
Starfall doesn't start before anything. It patches (edits) the sysmenu in NAND.

QUOTE(kedest @ Feb 17 2009, 04:42 PM) Starfall and preloader can coexist, but they do pretty much the same stuff, so there's no need for that.

Not exactly. You can only run Starfall until you install Preloader. Once Preloader is installed your system menu .app has been renamed and starfall won't be able to locate it to make any changes. It really is pointless IMO to run Starfall, set your hacks, then install Preloader since you can get the same hacks in preloader with a hacks.ini

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SilverSurfR said:
kedest said:
Starfall doesn't start before anything. It patches (edits) the sysmenu in NAND.
it does start earlier than the system menu, that's the whole point.

D

Deleted User

OP
one more thing will i loose my files like my saves if i reinstall the menu ?

D

Deleted User

OP
No, you won't lose your saves.

Just get preloader, follow TPG (The Preloader Guide).

D

Deleted User

OP
one more thing would my system menu mess up in anyway whats so ever ? like if i change settings or anything im just curious i dont want to brick this thing...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Install preloader v0.28 and your sysmenu wont mess up, earlier version have a few bugs more than the latest, I mean this last one also have, but they are less notorious, just install it and you'll find out more than just asking, I know you don't want to brick your Wii, but all here have preloader installed with no Wii bricked, what makes you think you are going to brick your Wii, it is not like you have to open the file system and convert and rewritte and entire section, it has his own installer, you just enter some code (according to the version) and it will start installing it, wont take longer that 10 secs for what I can remember, I really doubt you can even try to brick your Wii, it is very super-ultra-mega-n00b proof...!!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs