Whats all the rage about the dsi?

Mr. Awesome/Wack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I already have ds but I'm thinkin about save up and upgrading to the new dsi. but whice is better just get a flashcard or dsi? cuz I'm thinkin about getting a wii also so wii
blink.gif
dsi its a very hard choice. could you guys help me out?
ph34r.gif

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
To me the Nintendo DSi is a cheap attempt from Nintendo to a new generation of handheld by adding a slightly more powerful CPU, SD-card support, removal of the GBA slot and a fancy low-res camera.

Maybe somebody who never owned a Nintendo DS in the past might find it interesting, but to me (who already own a Nintendo DS Lite) it is too expensive to be worth of an upgrade.

Also there are some nice homebrews on the Nintendo DS that are very interesting but they obviously require a flashcart.

If you don't mind about GBA games and never owned a Nintendo DS in the past, I'd say it could be a better choice than a Nintendo DS Lite. It's all about personal preferences after all.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Cute features but I love my GBA slot, thank you very much. Not quite ready to disown 8 years of good history with one purchase like that. :/

DSiWare would actually be worth it if it were ever to receive really good 3rd party material. Plus if you have a camera already, it's probably not worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.