What's a movie you keep going back to?

boot3

Internet trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me, it's probably The Green Mile. I don't know why I go back to it specifically, but it's really good. I even just straight up have it playing in the background whenever I'm doing something like playing a game or working lol.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jedwabne.jpg

English title sholud be "Back to the Jedwabne".
One version should have english subtitles, so I strogly recommend it for everyone who is interested in the real history documents.
Yesterday movie premiere was canceled in movie theather due to pressure of jewish circles, before anyone could see it.
I haven't seen it yet, but In that case I feel like I'm gonna back to "Back to the Jedwabne" to rewatch again in the future.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midsommar, Hereditary, The Taking of Deborah Logan, The Descent, Donnie Darko, too may to mention. I'd get awfully sick of just one "go to" movie. :)

Reactions: boot3

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midsommar, Hereditary, The Taking of Deborah Logan, The Descent, Donnie Darko, too may to mention. I'd get awfully sick of just one "go to" movie. :)

I used to have a girlfriend who loved Donnie Darko. We probably watched it 30 times over 2 years.
Looking back, I think she was secretly jilling to Jake Gyllenhaal.

Reactions: boot3 and D34DL1N3R

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of stuff I go back to time and again; almost everything by Kubrick and Lynch holds up to repeated viewings.
Classic family viewing blockbusters like (pre-Disney) Star Wars, Indiana Jones trilogy, and Back to the Future.
Lots of 70's and 80's sci-fi and horror.
Battle Royale is another one I never get tired of.

What I generally won't go back to more than once is anything produced by major studios in the past 20 years.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best movie ever made in my opinion:

View attachment 276054
Have you seen Valerian at all? Its Besson's other Space Opera that was released a few years back. Not nearly as awesome as The Fifth Element but it hits a lot of the same notes of feeling that can be found between them. Honestly it feels like a movie that was written up in the early 2000's but with late 2010's CGI lol.

As for myself in this thread. I find myself going back to a lot of 80's/90's stuff. Explorers/Flight of the Navigator/Not Quite Human/Bill & Ted 1 & 2/Weird Science are some of my all time favorites that I keep going back to now and again. Some older ones like Forbidden Planet are also high on the replay list.

Then you have movies like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory which is so charming to watch that I have to make sure I do not get diabetes afterwards as the desire to watch it with a lot of candy to eat is insane.

Last edited by Dr_Faustus,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me, I never get tired of watching Full Metal Jacket, by Kubrick. Such a great movie! My friend, who watched the movie on my recommendation, identified to private Pyle, and got extremely disturbed. It's a must see for anyone who has never seen it. And the guy who played the drill instructor was so awesome in his role. I hope he won an Oscar (didn't check to see if he did).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs