Gaming whats a great psp game thats not final fantasy?

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im looking for a rpg game mostly but if you know any others tell me.....btw played hexyz force and hated it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tales of eternia
class of heros
legend of heros
popolcrois
brave story - new traveler
valhalla knights
monster kingdom - jewel summoner
valkyrie profile
ys - the ark of napishtim
breath of fire III

and pretty much every ps1 rpg

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
0_0 Why not Final Fantasy: Crisis Core. Have you play'd it?

Why does everyone say "WHY NOT FF?!" its not that great of a series, get over it.

Anyways on topic. Granted this isnt the most common RPG style, I suggest either Phantasy Star Portable (2 will be coming out in a few months) and Monster Hunter. OH and any of the Super Robot Wars games, granted none of them except a few older ones, are in english they're still tons of fun.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Metal gear Solid: Peace walker. I'm about 3 hours into the game, and can't stop playing. Metal Gear Solid: Portable ops was quite good too.

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i just think final fantasy is okay thats why i said not to include it.Anyway joe88 i looked at your games and i loved breath of fire 3. BUT i wanna know now is there other rpg remakes from playstation for the psp???
huh.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
Sora1234 said:
0_0 Why not Final Fantasy: Crisis Core. Have you play'd it?

Why does everyone say "WHY NOT FF?!" its not that great of a series, get over it.

Anyways on topic. Granted this isnt the most common RPG style, I suggest either Phantasy Star Portable (2 will be coming out in a few months) and Monster Hunter. OH and any of the Super Robot Wars games, granted none of them except a few older ones, are in english they're still tons of fun.

I know that. >_> I only like FF:CC.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't get the huge brainless orgy over FF anymore either as they've been very inconsistent since they went 3D years ago. There's so much more to the genre than that one moderately decent series.

I'd have to put my money on Tales of Eternia which I imported, but also Popolocrois is pretty damn decent too. I can't recommend Ys, even as a fan it got pretty grating later on and it really is an action rpg, not turn based classic rpg style at all.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Astonishia Story
Crimson Gem Saga
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Adventures to Go
Brave Story: New Traveler
Half Minute Hero
Riviera: The Promised :and
Puzzle Quest CotW
SMT:Persona
Star Ocean First Departure
Star Ocean Second Evolution
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Yggdra Union

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me but gamespot reviewed alot of psp rpg games as bad like 6.0 and below why is that???is it because the psp dosent have good rpg games or shoud i just not trust gamespot reviews and if so which site should i trust

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenkai said:
is it just me but gamespot reviewed alot of psp rpg games as bad like 6.0 and below why is that???is it because the psp dosent have good rpg games or shoud i just not trust gamespot reviews and if so which site should i trust

Gamespot is just a little harsh. As Rydian said, they take of a lot of points because the games aren't exactly groundbreaking in mechanics. They gave Crimson Gem Saga a 5/10 despite the fact it's one of the best RPGs on the system. Not very innovative but it's got a decent plot, great graphics, and it does the mechanics it takes from other games very well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water