What's a good Slot-2 cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Amici, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

What's a good Slot-2 cart? by Amici at 11:47 AM (955 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Amici
    OP

Member Amici GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I've been looking into buying the EZFlash 3-in-1 expansion pack, and have been reading up on it, and there are two things that have kept me from buying it:
    1) It drains battery life when it's plugged it, even if not in use (by almost half, I heard)
    2) Its internal battery problems (have heard many stories from this from the internet)

I already have my CycloDS, now I want to play GBA games too on my DS Lite. My question is, is there a flashcart that can play GBA games, fits perfectly on Slot-2 of the DS Lite (it doesn't stick out), doesn't need an internal battery, and doesn't reduce battery life of the DS even if plugged in?

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    You won't find better solution then EZ FLash 3-in-1 for CycloDS..

Both of those thing that bother you, are actually part of all slot-2 carts!
    Internal battery is really needed, and slot 2 carts can't transfer save direct to microSD, but they have to keep save in the memory, until the next booting, and at the startup, save will be automatically transferred!

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, an easy 3 in 1 is the perfect solution for all your CycloDS slot 2 needs. Was going to elaborate more, but Toni beat me [​IMG].

4. Amici
    OP

Philippines
    Really? Even among slot-2 cards that need a microSDHC card themselves?

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Well, I have a SuperCard MiniSD and I like it. It might be a bit slow but 99.9% of the games work.

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, THE best solution would be M3 Perfect Lite.....But that cart is almost impossible to find, and it costs about $65 when you do find it..
    However, that cart has the same "problems" you mentioned that bothers you..

It'll shorten your battery life even if you don't use it, if it's just plugged in..and you have to reboot it to transfer your save from internal memory to microSD, it holds save in memory by battery,,,,,When battery dies, it needs to be replaced....

But as I said already, the best best choice you cane make is EZ Flash 3-in-1 for combination with CycloDS!

7. Amici
    OP

Philippines
    I suppose I'm gonna have to take the plunge with the EZFlash [​IMG] Thanks for the reps!