Hacking What's a fair price to sell a pre-1.4 R4i-SDHC.com R4?

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've had a R4i-SDHC that I haven't used at all. I got it 2-3 years ago, so it doesn't support DSi version 1.4 (it doesn't update either). I have a few friends with DS lites that want it, and I want to sell it for a fair price. My dad bought it with a genuine SanDisk class 6 8GB card in Asia (people at the store lied about it working on 1.4), and he pretty much got ripped off (bought it for $60-70), so I'm probably going to lose money unless I overprice it.

So I want to know what it's capable of. Since it uses a different kernel than their 1.4-supporting card and their non-DSi card (both of which are officially updated more often than this card), I want to know what it's compatible with, so I know how much it's worth, so I don't make an unfair sale or put the price too low.

Is anyone able to help me put out a fair price? Thanks in advance.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just about $2 I would say.
You can get newer ones that support 1.4+ for $5 dollars.

All of them are clones, and not supported that well, except those that work with Wood
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this card compatible with the RetroGameFan updates?
And what's a good price if I include the class-6 8GB card and preload it with the kernel+games?

@Sausage Head: I'm interpreting zizer's post as "I wouldn't sell it, I'd use it".
@zizer: Why would I? I have an Acekard 2i AND a Supercard DStwo. And I'm using a 1.4.1U DSi XL, which the R4i doesn't work on.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are selling it to a friend, than $10 with the micro sd seems fair
But if you want to make a little money, than throw retro's update on it, load it up with pokemon, and post it on craigslist as a ds/ds lite only cart, some noob will buy it for $40-$50 just like your dad.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
You can use RGF updates which is good as the kernel for this card hasn't been updated since 24/07/10. The reality is you are selling a Genuine Class 6 8GB SD card with a r4i-sdhc not the other way round as the flashcard is basically worthless.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YayMii said:
and I want to sell it for a fair price.
QUOTE(YayMii @ Apr 4 2011, 03:21 AM) so I'm probably going to lose money unless I overprice it.
Seems a bit of a contradiction?

If you wanna sell it for a fair price you will get next to nothing for the card cause its worth nothing if we are honest. If you were gonna be fair to the buyer.

Then you are asking what can be loaded onto it beforehand to bump up the price? That's not really very fair either though tbh.

So.. you rip someone off (friends?), or throw in the cart for free (I don't think you would buy one would you?) and just charge them for the 8GB mSD.
Get rid of it.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it works with RGF, wouldn't that add value?
And the microSD card hasn't been used, and 8GB cards where I live range from $25-45 CAD. Wouldn't $10 be too cheap?

@kineticUK: I meant "fair price" as in "a price that wouldn't be counted as ripping them off" or "a price that isn't too cheap". And I said I got ripped off on the card in the first place, so I'm losing money unless I sell the card for $80 or something. And a few of my friends who want it aren't completely experienced with these kinds of things, so they'd be willing to pay labor for me preloading the right stuff on it (they probably won't know what/who RGF is). And they're willing to pay money for it because they have no access to any other flashcarts anyways.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trumpet-205 said:
Well, $5 is not so bad. I think it would be fair since it is a clone.
Is that including the SDHC card? It wouldn't make sense to sell an unused SDHC card for 25% of the store price.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Not really as it can only run RGF as a Dual Boot which might be too complicated for a noob to understand and anyone else who is not a noob will find it's a ball ache and probably far easier and cheaper to get a new card with a slower SDHC card.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buleste said:
YayMii said:
Not really as it can only run RGF as a Dual Boot which might be too complicated for a noob to understand and anyone else who is not a noob will find it's a ball ache and probably far easier and cheaper to get a new card with a slower SDHC card.
Most of my friends have experience with technology. I was just saying that they have never owned a flashcart, so they wouldn't know how it works. A few of my friends even have multi-boots on their PCs (OSX, Windows 7, Windows XP, and various Linux distros to suit their needs) anyways, so they will at least know generally what they're doing.
Besides, didn't I just say I was going to do it myself?
closedeyes.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buleste said:
YayMii said:
Besides, didn't I just say I was going to do it myself?
closedeyes.gif

No you didn't.
Technically I did:
QUOTE(YayMii @ Apr 4 2011, 10:08 AM)
Is this card compatible with the RetroGameFan updates?
And what's a good price if I include the class-6 8GB card and preload it with the kernel+games?
When I asked about RGF, you can tell that I was implying that I was going to use RGF as the kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.