Whats a better buy a EZflash IV or this

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by MasterLaser, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011
  1. MasterLaser
    OP

Member MasterLaser Vaporeon!

New Zealand
    I have recently started playing GBA games again and i want get a flashcart. I know i am very late to buy one thats why i want to get one now before they go the way of the dinosaur.

So whats a better buy a EZflash iv or buy older flashcarts secondhand like These ones?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The EZ2 and EFA are great little carts and rightly held up as some of the best of the era, they are pretty small though compared to what you can do with the EZ4.

Main advantages of EZ2 over EZ4 are all of it is in the NOR (although the EZ4 has a 256MBit NOR section as well) and real time clock. If you have a DS dumping GBA is easy but the EZ2 linker can do it is as well on your PC and minor advantages are you can usually (saves might trouble things) have a rom appear as an original for purposes of GC-GBA linkup and DS-GBA linking and the client software is better (with the EZ4 you might have to take a trip over to http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/ first).

Re Before the way of the dinosaur. There has been something of a resurgence in the GBA of late so carts might just start to become more available again. Not necessarily any cheaper just easier to find.

3. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a few EZFA 256s and an EZIV. I prefer my EZFAs because they load the games instantly from the main menu. Downside is the initial write time to the cart is really long.