Hacking Whatever you do don't buy GW from 3dsgamerworld.com

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure you choose "Reinand N3DS 4.x MSET" out of the list on FBI and you have the reinand files on your SD card.....cant give links to reinand as it contains copywritten code ...just google "reinand pastebin"

Ok I got Reinand running and my firmware shows as rei9.0.20u. I'm running the Mset again, theres Mset for Boss, Mset for Gateway and decrypted GW, and Rxtools 4.x

I'm going to try the one that says Rxtools 4.x

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok I got Reinand running and my firmware shows as rei9.0.20u. I'm running the Mset again, theres Mset for Boss, Mset for Gateway and decrypted GW, and Rxtools 4.x

I'm going to try the one that says Rxtools 4.x
nope if you have reinand up and running your all good,(the other options in the FBI menu are for o3DS users or GW owners) ...so are you missing dev-menu at this point?

if so this are the last steps
1) get dev menu installed on sysnand
2) dump your nand again via the GW menu
3) use emunand tool to inject your sysnand with dev menu installed into emunand

and thats it, install cia files etc etc

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nope if you have reinand up and running your all good,(the other options in the FBI menu are for o3DS users or GW owners) ...so are you missing dev-menu at this point?

if so this are the last steps
1) get dev menu installed on sysnand
2) dump your nand again via the GW menu

and thats it, install cia files etc etc

lol I can see you facepalming right now as your signature.

I went to install the Mset, these are the options that it gives me: N3ds Gateway 9.x, Decrypted GW, Rxtoolds, Mset for Boss 4.x / 6.x
but none say "Reinand N3DS 4.x MSET" I also don't know if the Mset should install to the Micro SD or to Nand

I got Reinand working on my firmware now, but no Devmenu, I already did the devmenu > installed to sysnand
and dumb nand via GW menu but I will try this again.

what emunand tool do you mean in this step?

thanks again

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol I can see you facepalming right now as your signature.

I went to install the Mset, these are the options that it gives me: N3ds Gateway 9.x, Decrypted GW, Rxtoolds, Mset for Boss 4.x / 6.x
but none say "Reinand N3DS 4.x MSET" I also don't know if the Mset should install to the Micro SD or to Nand

I got Reinand working on my firmware now, but no Devmenu, I already did the devmenu > installed to sysnand
and dumb nand via GW menu but I will try this again.

what emunand tool do you mean in this step?

thanks again
you must have the official FBI on your SD now, the modded one i shared on here has the reinand option, and you must have used it at some point to be able to launch Reinand via MSET

the problem is that you did some of the steps in the wrong order so now you have to loop back and repeat some to recover.....so basically go back to the page where people explained how to install dev menu via FBI and do those steps again....once you have dev menu on your homescreen and it can be launched in pasta mode, go to the GW menu and choose "Backup system nand".....do not pick "format emunand" again

once thats finished use this tool to restore the new NAND.BIN file you just dumped into the emunand partition on the SD card.....once you have done all that you will be good to go
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

PS, make this guide your creating a bloody good and comprehensive one so never again will we need to spoon feed people :P

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you must have the official FBI on your SD now, the modded one i shared on here has the reinand option, and you must have used it at some point to be able to launch Reinand via MSET

the problem is that you did some of the steps in the wrong order so now you have to loop back and repeat some to recover.....so basically go back to the page where people explained how to install dev menu via FBI and do those steps again....once you have dev menu on your homescreen and it can be launched in pasta mode, go to the GW menu and choose "Backup system nand".....do not pick "format emunand" again

once thats finished use this tool to restore the new NAND.BIN file you just dumped into the emunand partition on the SD card.....once you have done all that you will be good to go

PS, make this guide your creating a bloody good and comprehensive one so never again will we need to spoon feed people :P

Ok I have to go now to take my dad to the hospital but I'll continue when I return.
This is what I have compiled from this thread so far, let me know if you see any
errors, this is a step by step of everything I've done so far:

----------------------------------------------------------
Guide (incomplete)
----------------------------------------------------------
I- Set up GWMenu with Cubic Ninja

(GWMenu allows backup of Sysnand and format an Emunand

to protect Sysnand from updates and from running CFW)

-Put the Gateway Launcher.dat in the root of your SD card

GW_Ultra_3.4 (Public Beta)\Launcher.dat

-Run Cubic Ninja and scan QR code found in the GW Installer

Save Games for New 3DS\Cubic\EUR_US\qr_eur.png

-If needed, press R L X Y to wipe the QR code

------------------------------------------------------------------------

II- Backup Sysnand & Format Emunand from GWmenu

-Backup Sysnand to Micro SD

-Make a copy of NAND.bin to a safe place

(NAND.bin is a copy of your Sysnand, if you 3ds bricks

or updates this may be the only way to restore it)

-Format Emunand from GW Menu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

III- Install CFW - Ninjahax, FBI, Devmenu & Pasta

(Ninjahax allows running custom CFW, FBI is a CIA installer, Pasta allows you

to run unsigned CIAs, Devmenu ???)

Setting up the Micro SD:

-Make sure you have the file "title.db" and "import.db" in:

MicroSD:\Nintendo 3DS\id1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\id2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\dbs\title.db

-If not then create the path and rename two txt files into "title.db" and "import.db"

(Make sure file extentions are visible and that you actually change the extention to .db)

Ninjahax

-Drop the Ninjahax starter boot.3dsx file into the root of the micro SD

-Create a folder name "3ds" in the root

FBI

-Drop the FBI file FBI.cia into the root of the micro SD

-Drop the FBI folder inside root/3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx & FBI.smdh

(This is a custom FBI with Reinand and Mset, thanks to @gamesquest1)

Devmenu

-Drop the Devmenu.cia into the root of the micro SD

PastaCFW

-Drop the PastaCFW folder inside the 3ds folder in the microSD card

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IV- Initiating Ninjahax in the n3DS:

-Run Cubic Ninja and delete the previous QR code in the main menu press R L X Y

-Run Create, QR Code scan and scan the QR code for Ninja Hax (May take a couple of tries)

-You should have Pasta CFW & FBI in your Ninjahax menu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V- Install Devmenu using Pasta & FBI

(Pasta CFW will no longer be supported and will be replaced with

Rxtools in the future, Thanks @AlbertoSONIC and the Rxtool/Pasta team)

-In the Ninjahax menu run Pasta CFW

-If it fails, delete firm.bin from root\3ds\PastaCFW\firmware.bin

and disable firmware from the Pasta options

-When Pasta runs and your 3DS reboots, run Cubic Ninja again >

Qrcode > Ninjahax > Choose FBI

-Press L to change installation to Emunand

-Install Devmenu

-Backup all of your MicroSD files to a safe location,

they will be deleted in the next step

--------------------------------------------------------------------

VI- Backup Sysnand and Format Emunand using Gateway menu

(This step is done a second time to have Devmenu inside Emunand)

-Run Cubic Ninja

-Clear QR code, L R X Y

-Scan the Gateway Menu QR Code

-Backup Sysnand again and store the file in a safe place

-Format Emunand

-Bring all of your MicroSD files that you backed up earlier

in Step V and keep NAND.bin in your PC for safe keeping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

VII- Install Reinand and Downgrade Mset

-Drop the Reinand files

-Run Cubic Ninja

-Reset QR Code L R X Y

-Run FBI and press Select

-Install the Mset (Install to Sdcard or Sysnand?)

x. Make Mset stick?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I still can't get Devmenu in the home screen with Pasta, I think I will format the SD card and start again from the beginning and get Devmenu installed before I format the sysnand with GW

Is this the right order?
CN > Ninjahax > Pasta CFW > CN > PastaCFW > FBI > Devmenu
THEN
GWMenu > Backup Sysnand > Format Emunand > Inject the backup Sysnand with Emunand Tool
THEN
CN > Ninjahax > Pasta CFW > CN > Ninjahax > Reinand Mset > Reinand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I still can't get Devmenu in the home screen with Pasta, I think I will format the SD card and start again from the beginning and get Devmenu installed before I format the sysnand with GW

Is this the right order?
CN > Ninjahax > Pasta CFW > CN > PastaCFW > FBI > Devmenu
THEN
GWMenu > Backup Sysnand > Format Emunand > Inject the backup Sysnand with Emunand Tool
THEN
CN > Ninjahax > Pasta CFW > CN > Ninjahax > Reinand Mset > Reinand
just hold your horses someone is putting together a super noob friendly setup guide with everything you need

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Someone give this man the Master Sword, he's going out into the lost forest to buid noob guides and nood.cia's for noobs.
once i start helping someone out i like to try finish it (often regretting getting involved in the first place XD)....but its not me doing this guide, i just double checked it etc, they are nearly ready to post it so hopefully it will help this guy out

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe I'm a complete retard and People keep laughing about how easy this is but my noob friendly guide is 39 steps long so far and is not even close to being done.

Oh and you can suck my dick Tony, while Gamesquest1 is being so helpful and I'm
having a hard time here, there always has to be an ass trying to shit on everything

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe I'm a complete retard and People keep laughing about how easy this is but my noob friendly guide is 39 steps long so far and is not even close to being done.

Oh and you can suck my dick Tony, while Gamesquest1 is being so helpful and I'm
having a hard time here, there always has to be an ass trying to shit on everything

You must know what the term noob means but if it makes you feel any better I once was a noob to this backup scene and now fully am aware of all consequences of all things that can go wrong. This all started back in the snes/genesis days while playing backups off of floppies. From there we are now in the age where dev teams are being challenged to come up with ideas to make there hardware capable of doing what they intend to make it do TODAY (cia's, 3ds/3dz, emunand, region-free) while there are those who take a different route and rather emulate a real card and just do one thing right.

The one thing I hate about the scene today are the ones who constantly whine for "free stuff" and hate having to pay for work that is done. All I have to say to that is GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND SHUT UP.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You must know what the term noob means but if it makes you feel any better I once was a noob to this backup scene and now fully am aware of all consequences of all things that can go wrong. This all started back in the snes/genesis days while playing backups off of floppies. From there we are now in the age where dev teams are being challenged to come up with ideas to make there hardware capable of doing what they intend to make it do TODAY (cia's, 3ds/3dz, emunand, region-free) while there are those who take a different route and rather emulate a real card and just do one thing right.

The one thing I hate about the scene today are the ones who constantly whine for "free stuff" and hate having to pay for work that is done. All I have to say to that is GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND SHUT UP.

I don't know why I waste my time replying to an elitist piece of shit like you but what have you done for this community besides whining and belittling others. I'm new at this and a noob but guess how I learn? by asking other people who know, I rather be ignorant for a day and ask questions than an ignorant for life. I've also had the pleasure to make friends in the past few days, people like @gamesquest1 I even got to meet @AlbertoSONIC

But I find it funny that you talk like you're a big part of the "scene" when you're just a pitiful excuse for a human being. You think you're better than others because you know more about this shit or being here longer but whatever knowledge you may have is wasted since you refuse to share it, you know what the fucking "scene" is about Is not the noobs that make this community bad is the sad little shits like you who think they're better than everyone else. So fuck you too and have a good day sir.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I waste my time replying to an elitist piece of shit like you but what have you done for this community besides whining and belittling others. I'm new at this and a noob but guess how I learn? by asking other people who know, I rather be ignorant for a day and ask questions than an ignorant for life. I've also had the pleasure to make friends in the past few days, people like @gamesquest1 I even got to meet @AlbertoSONIC

But I find it funny that you talk like you're a big part of the "scene" when you're just a pitiful excuse for a human being. You think you're better than others because you know more about this shit or being here longer but whatever knowledge you may have is wasted since you refuse to share it, you know what the fucking "scene" is about Is not the noobs that make this community bad is the sad little shits like you who think they're better than everyone else. So fuck you too and have a good day sir.

Its too bad you feel that you above all with your shitty impatientness and then you frantically post some insane crap about your order that you could've ordered here in your home country. Too proud to even recognize your noob ability but hey its ok, I've met plenty of people like you. Its hilarious that you sit here and pity people, I pity the mom who spat you out because you couldn't even manage your own funds properly and got dupe by some country overseas, again, could've ordered it here in the states.

Also why should I share what I have WHEN THE INFO IS RIGHT THERE IN YOUR FACE. The first page of this section has been constantly been populated with threads that were started with "Reinand" "Pasta" "In Your Face" type information but yet you go and open a thread to bash a reseller.

Sure go ahead and give up your first born for "free" information. Sad and pathetic really.

Reactions: ldeveraux

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
For some reason I keep opening this thread to learn more about "why I should never buy a gateway from 3dsgamerworld" but instead it just keeps going and going.....

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(This is a custom FBI with Reinand and Mset, thanks to @gamesquest1)

Devmenu

-Drop the Devmenu.cia into the root of the micro SD

PastaCFW

-Drop the PastaCFW folder inside the 3ds folder in the microSD

V- Install Devmenu using Pasta & FBI

(Pasta CFW will no longer be supported and will be replaced with

Rxtools in the future, Thanks @AlbertoSONIC and the Rxtool/Pasta team)

-In the Ninjahax menu run Pasta CFW

-If it fails, delete firm.bin from root\3ds\PastaCFW\firmware.bin

and disable firmware from the Pasta options

-When Pasta runs and your 3DS reboots, run Cubic Ninja again >

Qrcode > Ninjahax > Choose FBI

-Press L to change installation to Emunand

-Install Devmenu
I think your problem is your keep installing dev menu to emunand(bolded) when your supposed to install it to sysnand AND THEN format your emunand again so that it has dev menu preinstalled I might be wrong though wait for someone to confirm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi