Hacking Whatever happened to the Wii U Key?

Dungeonseeker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was seconds away from pre ordering one when they announced they were close to release but decided to wait for the release, glad I did because they went totally silent shortly afterwards.

Anybody got any idea what happened to the thing? They showed videos of it working so it must have existed in prototype form.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Their exploit got patched out from what i remember and they couldn't find a new one in time and abandoned the whole thing.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was seconds away from pre ordering one when they announced they were close to release but decided to wait for the release, glad I did because they went totally silent shortly afterwards.

Anybody got any idea what happened to the thing? They showed videos of it working so it must have existed in prototype form.
I did pre order it. I literally waited for over a year and eventually just got store credit.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it wasn't cheap. Over a 100bucks if I remember.

$131.15

modchip central is some goof ball in his basement just reselling off the internet i bet.

because this is the second time he ripped me off ... last time was with a flatmii chip for wii.

but i dont think the other posters are correct, they chip is drive attached so i doubt it would be patched out.

i bet there was just conflict of interests with the manufacturers producing them

Last edited by markehmus,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I must say I honestly forgot about the Wii u key thing.
That being said, I'm still waiting for the Xode to come out, also never saw the light of day.

But yeh, necrobumping is a bad idea in general.
Tho on occasion, it can be a good thing to remind us about certain hardware in the past like this.

Reactions: E1ite007

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't know if this is true or not, but what I heard was that the chip required users to dump the console unique drive key from their own console in order to work, which required a software exploit that would have made the chip redundant in the first place. Since that wouldn't be a very sellable product, and they couldn't figure out a way around that, they just gave up.

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.