Hacking Whatever happened to the co called wiuu chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not surprised that this thing has disappeared into complete obscurity, because there was no release date, no real information on what it actually was. Come to think of it there are only about 3 or 4 games that i could name that would even make it worth having, and obviously the main game was pushed back so it can be released on the nx and wiiu just like what they did with twilight princess.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not surprised that this thing has disappeared into complete obscurity, because there was no release date, no real information on what it actually was. Come to think of it there are only about 3 or 4 games that i could name that would even make it worth having, and obviously the main game was pushed back so it can be released on the nx and wiiu just like what they did with twilight princess.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/where-is-the-wiikey-u.371562/page-20#post-5506550

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If eithher team had anything feasible, and profitable they would've releeased it by now. Perhaps they had something, but whatever that some "was" is apparently patched/blocked.

I'm not holding my breathe on the release of an ode at this point, a software based solution is far more likely..

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If eithher team had anything feasible, and profitable they would've releeased it by now. Perhaps they had something, but whatever that some "was" is apparently patched/blocked.

I'm not holding my breathe on the release of an ode at this point, a software based solution is far more likely..
Actually, not patched at all. Just not profitable. Only a handfull of games have been released. There aren't that many consoles out in public.
With all that in order to make a profit one would have to buy/build in bulk to keep a good price point. And the best judge for how this will go is with pre-orders.
Not many pre orders means not very likely to sell many. Only about 2000 people seem interested in an ODE and out of that 2000 only a third of them will actually purchase it. Take into consideration the support that would go into these when 666 units were sold. Figure about 5-6 dollars profit with so small amount of parts ordered. So we'll call it 3650.00 profit out of that there are years of support expected to come with purchase. Now your profit has become a negative.
3650.00 split with the whole team and expected to last years really doesn't keep the lights on.
Don't expect to see any of these hit the market unless one of them screwed up and already ordered the parts. And then I would expect them to come with do it yourself kit. and an as-is policy. (meaning when they get patched you are on your own)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Rumor has it that an already hacked Wii u was needed to extract the keys from the drive for the ODE to work, and they couldn't figure out another way of doing it, so the ODE ended up in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2