Gaming Whatever happened to Megaman Legends 3 for the eShop?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1up.com is reporting that Megaman Legends 3 for the eShophas been delayed until further notice. FUUUUUUU-

The Prototype Version of Mega Man Legends 3 had been been planned for release at the end of the month, alongside the 3DS eShop, but that is no longer the case. Even with Nintendo pushing back the firmware update that will deliver the eShop until the first week of June, Capcom has announced the game is no longer slated as an eShop launch title.

Producer Tatsuya Kitabayashi announced the delay in a message on the Capcom Unity blog today. "It's always been our aim in the production of this game to create something that would provide a fun time for all, and from here on out, we will be maintaining this aim with a renewed desire to create a product of the highest quality," he wrote. "Please wait just a little longer!

"My sincere apologies go out to all who have been eagerly awaiting this game's release! It's terribly unfortunate that this announcement had to come right on the heels of the 'Real Meeting' [note: this was a hands-on event to take place in Japan, which has also been delayed] delay announcement, as I know many of you are worried. But all of us here on the development team are going to continue working on this project, harder than ever. Keep cheering us on!"

Unfortunate as the delay might be, it's for the best -- director Masakazu Eguchi said last month that the success of Prototype Version will dictate whether or not a full MML3 game will be developed. It's therefore in the best interest of Mega Man Legends fans for Prototype Version to be the best game it can possibly be, even if it means waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for it to show up. [/p]

Source from 1up.com

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh.... This article is 2 weeks old. Almost 3. 'Sides, I can wait. As long as it's a good game.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
Huh.... This article is 2 weeks old. Almost 3. 'Sides, I can wait. As long as it's a good game.
Yeah, but no information about the game has really been posted on the forums (from what I could see).

If there has, whoops!
ohnoes.png

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
Ssx9 said:
Yeah, but no information about the game has really been posted on the forums (from what I could see).

If there has, whoops!
ohnoes.png

Oh, I don't think there was. I saw this on N3DSBlog some time ago.

Anyways, it seems that tomorrow is the "Rockman Day", and the Dev Room is planning some sort of surprise. I wonder if it's a release date.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It does and it also uses taxes. So nothing cost an even 5 or 8$ any more. Anyway today is Rokku day in japan so some news will probably pop up >>

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
It does and it also uses taxes. So nothing cost an even 5 or 8$ any more. Anyway today is Rokku day in japan so some news will probably pop up >>

Taxes are only for certain states/countries where it's required by law.

Since you live in the US, all you have to do to avoid the taxes is set your 3DS region to a different state... Like Florida or Alaska... I'm not sure which states all have taxes, but I do know neither of those two will.

As for MML3... I'm willing to wait... I've waiting 11 years for a sequel to even be mentioned (my god, going through 2 hardware cycles with that cliff hanger from 2 has been horrid).

I'm just hoping that Capcom announces soon that the game is actually green lit for production... Right now there is still a very real chance that the game won't even get released (Keiji Inafune, the creator of Megaman and specifically the guy who pushed for MML3 left capcom soon after MML3 prototype work began and several articles since then have made it clear that the game is only approved for a prototype so far... probably won't get truly greenlit till sale numbers on the prototype come in)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taxes for the USA would only apply to states where Nintendo has a 'physcial presence'. Note other online sites like Steam charge residents in Washington sales tax due to Steam being based in that state. When Impulse was owned by Stardock they only charged taxes for Michigan residents. Note with their Gamestop purchase taxes will probably be collected in all states in the future.

Tax laws vary widely from state to state. Many states do not charge tax on the purchase of gift cards but some do.

Since Nintendo only has a physical presence in California Washington, I suspect that taxation will apply to those residents but not elsewhere.

Edit : Thanks to Koji2009 for the correction. I debated actually checking this initially but just assumed they were in California for some reason.

D

Deleted User

Don't mean shit to me. Remember, I live in Nintendo's infamous "Europe" region; we get things 1000 years late, or even never.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back