Hacking Whatever Forwarder I use, I cant use my USB Harddrive

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using a FAT32 HDD with my wii. Everything works fine normaly.
However when I use a forwarder (e.g. for Wiiexplorer or the homebrewbrowser) the apps wont recognize my hdd. If I start them from within the hbc all works fine.
I use waninkokos latest cios rev.
pall wii 4.2
Can someone point me in the right direction.

regards wied

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for trying to help me out here mate. I've tried some of your channels before. Point is : You don't have any forwarders for wiiexplorer or homebrewbrowser.
other forwarders I use (e.g. for emus) seem to work flawless.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ahhh, sorry (u said those were examples, not what u wanted specifically)

I actually have channels that work for those apps, but I haven't gotten around to uploading them yet (I still want to edit the graphics b4 i release anything)

but u can use Leathl's wiixplorer channel... or pepxl's (I have a links to their threads at the bottom of my Top Channels thread)

or u can follow the complete soft mod guide on using customize mii

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx again. i already tried those two forwarders. they only let me choose the sd card or say (in hbbrowsers case) "unable to mount usb".
again if i start the apps from within the hbc all is fine

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your drive partitioned? Is the homebrew partition set to primary? I had a problem with that (WadManager couldn't read my homebrew partition because it wasn't "Primary." I changed it through my partition manager, and bam, now it works.)

I honestly don't know if that would matter, because i don't use Wiiexplorer or HBBrowser, but it's just a thought
smile.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WildWon said:
Is your drive partitioned? Is the homebrew partition set to primary? I had a problem with that (WadManager couldn't read my homebrew partition because it wasn't "Primary." I changed it through my partition manager, and bam, now it works.)

I honestly don't know if that would matter, because i don't use Wiiexplorer or HBBrowser, but it's just a thought
smile.gif

if other forwarder channels work for you (ie. mine), then it is not how your hard drive is partitioned (but its a good idea, the OP should check to see if ANY forwarder channels work)

fyi, wiixplorer r100+ requires a different forwarder for it to work (even to forward to SD)

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as it works from within the hbc i guess my hdd isn the problem. other forwarders (all of my emu forwarders) work fine with the hdd. but i'll look into that partition thing.

wied

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i wouldn't waste your time, if it works with other channels its not how your hard drive is partitioned... u just need better forwarder channels.. u can make your own using customize mii (click pepxl's signature above for a good tutorial on using customize mii)

otherwise just wait and I (or some1 else) will release something eventually

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
i wouldn't waste your time, if it works with other channels its not how your hard drive is partitioned... u just need better forwarder channels..

i suspected as much. still thx to pepxl for the link. been searching for a decent partitioning app. ill have look at it anyway.

as for making my own forwarders...i wouldnt have the first clue of what i would be doing. so ill probably only brick my wii (luckily i have bootmii as boot2)

wied

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
with customize mii it is REALLY easy... i dont think a forwarder wad will even compile properly if u mess up... so as long as u get an output file it should work fine (but to make a complex forwarder, install devkitppc and copy the libogc from the customize mii google code download page to your C:/devkit Folder)

seriously, take a look, i promise that if u can handle windows, u can handle this program... and it will probably change your wii hacking experience forever
wink.gif

wiedster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ill maybe take a look sometime. thing is, if i make my own forwarder whos to say it will not come out the same way the other forwarders are (no working usb for me). i mean what can i possibly make different in the process than others who did it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)