What would you suggest about my work.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by test84, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,

I'm in Iran and I'm 25 years old and currently working like 4 months on a game at a company that developing a game as their part-time job with OGRE, I'm making particles scripts for them. As you may know, we don't have game industry here and were hare developing like one of first 10 games but I have to say our game is the best developed in Iran.

The problem is I don't like how they behave with me and treat me like I'm not something that important there. I was so enthusiast to work there that I suggested that I work there for free so I don't get money from them.

I got so frustrated in last weeks that I was thinking of quiting. the game is done in like 4~5 months but I don't like it like as I did in first days and most of problem is our cold-hearted manager.

So I was thinking alot about quiting. before going there, I was developing my own 2D engine with Flash (using Flash as my graphic library since I don't know C++ much) for like 6 months but I put it aside for this project.

I know I'm getting experience from being there but do I need that experience now? Isnt it better for me to go and risk being on my own and be something rather than work for someone and let him do all the work?

Its very irritating that being under his roof and risking nothing and living safe, you know what I mean.

My question from you is what would you suggest, would you suggest staying there through the end of the project and have this game in my resume or me quiting and going indie and making games for like Xbox Live Community Games.

what I get from this company are:
    1- having that game in my resume I think is very good for going to USA or Canada since that "would" be considered a published game in my resume.
    2- we have a very talented C++ programmer there that I can ask questions about C++ but my current work is not coding so I can't ask much from him.
    3- getting experience for such 10 to 12 people project sizes.

The game is called Soshiant and have a topic here at OGRE forums.

So what would you suggest.

2. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Stay, the experience would be good. You have plenty of time to work in jobs you will like. Anyway, this job might lead to other better ones.

3. oliebol

Member oliebol GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I think you should stay. It's like a challenge for you that will give you a lot of experience and confidence. I checked the game on the site and it looks kinda cool. So I think you should stay.
    Perhaps you should give your boss chocolate so that he is nicer to you.

4. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Its not me he is like this to, its everyone.
    tnx guiz.

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    IF its only going to be be 4-5 months, why not stay. Some people are just born to be a "pain in the ass" there isn't much you can do about it. Plus what are all the platforms is this game going to be on, by the looks of things its only for the PC right ?