What would you say is the best Firmware for R4 Ultra?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by dude of the gree, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dude of the gree
    OP

Newcomer dude of the gree Advanced Member

United States
    After failing to get YSmenu to work through multiple stickied topics (DLDI errors) and with several types of firmware at my disposal, I'm not sure which direction I should take. If anyone has any advice or suggestions for a good firmware (or a way to get around those DLDI errors), I would very much appreciate it.

The best Firmware I've tried so far is largely in japanese: Its as good as the original firmware I had, and it gets Pokémon White working, so until now, its the one I've stuck with, but I should really think about ways to improve it.

As stated in the topic title, I'm using R4 Ultra.

2. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    You can get YSmenu working. Do what I did and download it precompiled for the card.

3. dude of the gree
    OP

Newcomer dude of the gree Advanced Member

United States
    When you say precompiled do you mean like the files Retrogamefan has over in the "DSTT / TopToy DS" sub-forum?

Edit: Actually...I just noticed that at the bottom of the lower screen, it says "Yasu software - YSmenu", Famicom Edition. Guess I already had it. This is embarrasing...

There are still some games I can't get working, though. Golden sun and Pokémon Ranger 3, among them. 4 Heroes of light works, though.