Hacking What would you have done to your Wii if it wasnt hackable?

dan_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't have one.

I only bought one because it was so easy to hack. I've never really played video games before, and the Wii is my first console. I really love it though. Even gonna buy a second one so i can play play multiplayer games side by side instead of in tiny little squares on the same tv.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy them because I am fan of mario (exlcude mario sport I hate), megaman (wiiware), zelda, resident evil, and you name a few and I want them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I had my Wii for a year or so before I hacked, and probably 1 1/2 to 2 years before I started pirating games for it.

I would probably have a longer attention span. When you pirate, you seem to lose interest in games quicker since you know there's always another game to play. When you don't, you realize you've got only your selection of games and not much cash to buy new ones (which is the case with me), and thus you play games to their fullest and replay them a few times as well. Hell, I played Twilight Princess through 4-5 times because there was nothing else to do, really.

I'd also be playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii and The Conduit, since they both have excellent online modes and can easily be those "100+ hour" games that the 360/PS3 has.

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My Wii would still be lying somewhere collecting dust.

Got tired of playing games on it bwcause the dvd-drive started making too much and loud sound.
But that's not problem now that I can play all my games from usb
biggrin.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
i'll just treat it like my old N64 and SNES. hide it somewhere safe and play it when i feel like it with the games i like.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would have rented PES for Wii because I was not sure I would have liked it.
Then bought that game, and loved it forever. That game justifies the whole Wii purchase for me, just amazing.

ASTRAL2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Wii for my wife. I think it's a fun little console. If it wasn't hackable we would continue to buy original games just like we did for our gamcube system. Hell I paid $100 for resident evil 4 collectors edition.
yay.gif

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my Wii for about a year before I hacked it, mainly because I couldn't find a used copy of Twilight Princess for less than $40, and my local Game Crazy never had it to rent, but when I got my hands on it, it was over!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't have bought one. I really didn't even know it was hackabale but I had an idea that you could at least do homebrew, which is cool enough. But then I learned about the full extent of the hacking and went from there.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would have sold it, for shure. With all the Shovelware and the few hardcore-games, I would have sold it and bought an XBox360/Ps3 (which I did anyways in the end. Now I have an XBox360 and a Wii
tongue.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt