What would you do if you were the boss of a flashcart company?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCD2's are still pricier than Acekards. In the end most flashcart competition comes down to price. How many times have you seen a gullible chump come here with his shitty clone cart and complain about it? He probably bought it because it was cheap. Hell I bought a R4 as my first cart a while ago because it was cheap, and that was back before Wood R4 too. Back when the best compatibility you had was YSMenu.

I don't even see the point of the SCDS2 myself. I can now buy a R4 that uses Wood for like what, $6? SCDS2's are like 5 times that. Wood gets good compatibility and can play most every game out there. So can whatever the SCDS2, but why pay so much more for it?

For the emulation and video features, I don't really see the point. Tons of people own devices that can do those better than the DS, even with the DS2. A PSP, an iPod, even a lot of smartphones.

In the end I buy a flashcart to pirate games. I've owned flashcarts for a good couple of years now (well, I had a R4 but I gave that away once I got an Acekard) and I can honestly say I've done little outside of use them to pirate DS games.

It's like handing someone a Swiss army knife to cut their bread. It's cool that it has all these things on it, but all I need to do is cut the loaf.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
Example:I would choose Acekard with a better hardware like the Supercard DStwo
it while have realtime save and auto-cheat play gba games snes and nes
and a nice clone check
So..... you'd make the AceKard2 a clone of the SCDSTwo?

gengertheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a 3DS/Dsi/DS Flashcart which is so epic. 3D Games work on it, it automatically trims it, so u can play it without taking so much memory. (NOTE: Only works on 3DS) And All features of SCDS2 then sell it for like $65 and continue to do epic updates.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I would first: (bribe nintendeo to allow all hacking but that will never happen)

as the iSmart president: Get better game support!
as the AceKard president: Get better hardware!
as the SC president: Get better battery life with all the features!
as the EZ president: Get more popular and get more frequent updates!
as the R4 president: Get back to the scene!

+ I would make a fully hackable NDS clone which can run games

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Id buy the (Microsoft)side company that owns the rights too the Nintendo DS CART design as Nintendo was to cheap to produce their own.LOL this company produced the R4 and who knows what else.
Nintendo should have made the carts themselves.Then they wouldn't have this problem.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cobleman said:
Id buy the (Microsoft)side company that owns the rights too the Nintendo DS CART design as Nintendo was to cheap to produce their own.LOL this company produced the R4 and who knows what else.
Nintendo should have made the carts themselves.Then they wouldn't have this problem.
Nuh-uh, flashcarts would still exist. People with the know-how would still reverse engineer the DS and make one, if what you claim is actually true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning