Homebrew What would happen if we were to delete the CBHC title and reinstall the DS VC game from the eShop?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as CBHC is not active, then the title would just be replaced with the normal eShop version.

If it is active, then it is a permabrick. If it is active, but you download it from the eShop before rebooting, it is still a permabrick.

It needs to be deactivated prior to getting uninstalled/replaced/moved.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleting the cbhc title while it's installed will brick the system. afaik, it's not even possible to delete the game, only by formatting will it brick. if you uninstall cbhc, you can redownload the exploited game from the eshop. however, it might fail at install immediately, because of the fake ticket you originally had. that's why I wrote the tutorial in my sig about fake tickets. I did uninstall cbhc once, because I didn't want yoshi's island to be the game I was exploiting. I now have brain age as my cbhc title. I think the game will still work, even after cbhc, if you copy the game. I'm not sure if it's usb that takes precedent over the internal flash or if it's the fake ticket causing this to occur, but I have the original title/icons for redNAND still present after installing cbhc. basically, you'd have two copies of the game installed. I have no idea why nintendo did this, unless they were thinking about people wanting to copy content over to a larger drive.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    spouting nonsense and throwing baseless accusations won't get them anywhere
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    That's true
    Honestly, when will they learn.
    Right now I'm re-calibrating the laser for my SCPH-1002
    As many of the earlier models are prone to failure
    I'm so glad the boyfriend his laser still functions without any issue
    +1
    The eBay listing said that it won't read discs, but it actually does although FMV is laggy as well as CDDA. So it most definitely needs re-calibrating.
    I wish I could get things from ebay, just sit there and spend tonnes of money
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    m4x, you're a new user but very knowledgeable and helpful on the forums - why did it take you so long to register?
    +1
    @DinohScene,
    Now the spindle doesn't seem to spin properly :(
    Might have to go figure
    @cearp,
    I have autism and am quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers.
    check the wiring on it, might have gotten loose over the years
    +1
    @cearp,
    My brain works differently to other people.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    sure, but most new users wouldn't be answering ds + gba questions. == we are lucky to have you, thanks!
    +1
    Why it took so long is because I've been on Discord throughout my life, but have met a lot of toxic people on there and was always treated a lot like shit.
    @cearp,
    Thank you so much! :)
    +1
    discord is shit :x
    +2
    @DinohScene,
    I know right. I did originally have an account here on GBATemp back in 2021, hardly ever used it so I ended up deleting it.
    Reason was because of Discord, was so attached to it that it affected my mental health really bad.
    I'm much better and I am so happy to be with this community.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    glad to hear it mate
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    discord is just a bit weird, all separate things merged into one. a discord server can't really replace an actual site like this
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    just modern irc
    +1
    I've fixed my PS1s laser, everything works now. :D
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: I've fixed my PS1s laser, everything works now. :D