What would happen if 10 million of us boycotted the NX console?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by romeoondaline, Jun 24, 2016.

1. romeoondaline
    OP

romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    U know where
    Now i know this is close to impossible to take place, but bare with me on this one.
    Based on some news, a video game industry analyst named Michael Pachter expects the LoZ:BotW to sell "at least 10 million consoles pretty quickly". Now nowhere in the history of all the Zelda games, has 1 title sold past 8 million copies on one console. So my question is how or why would you expect this game to sell past 10 million, or let alone sell the 10 million NX consoles (assuming the release would be a bundle with LoZ). I know the new LoZ game looks amazing, but what if the new console is a major disappointment like it's predecessor the WiiU, especially after hearing the last comment Reggie had to offer about the NX. Are we all going to dish out $350+ just to play this one amazing game and maybe a few other good/okay titles? I guess this must be what it feels like to put 'all your eggs in one basket', which brings me the topic question. What would happen to Nintendo if a large number of us fans, chose to boycott their new NX console. Whether it's because of all the disappointments and broken promises they had given us in the past or simply because a huge number of us don't want anything to do with the new NX(considering the console is a disappointment). What would happen to Nintendo, would they fall apart completely? Would they finally get their heads out of cloud 9 and listen to what the fans want?
    My last question is, if this new NX isn't that big of an improvement from the WiiU, would you just play this game on your dusty WiiU? And if that were to happen wouldn't the WiiU hurt Nintendo even more?

Roxe__ likes this.

2. Roxe__

Roxe__ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2016
    Argentina
    100% confirmed that if the NX blows spec-wise, I'm going to play this LoZ on my LITERALLY dusty WiiU! Also LOL @ that broken promises video, publish date 2 years ago!

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Oh god, another Pachter thread...

Edit:
    You'll never boycott on that large of a scale.
    Good luck, I'm getting an NX just to spite this~

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm going to start an anti-boycott movement. We will all buy 2 NXs to counter your hate. :angry:

keven3477 and XavyrrVaati like this.
  5. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Sorry, but I stopped reading there.

6. omegasoul6

omegasoul6 ಠ_ಠ

Aug 16, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto
    lol Michael Pachter.

7. Roxe__

Roxe__ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2016
    Argentina
    The OP used Pachter's name once to prove some numbers AGAINST him?? The OP also linked the devs of LoZ, but OH HEY ANOTHER PACTHER thread!
    And spite what? they never said 'hey ya'll let's all go and boycott the NX', all they did was bring up some good questions

lol....what hate???

I love how a lot of the people on here read the first sentence and disregard everything else said, and brand it with "HATE", no one has actually answered the OPs questions, lol that includes me

8. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    the ten million people boycotting would probably be ten million people who wouldn't buy them anyways so it wont make a difference.
    i wont be buying the nx til a game i want comes out and it wont be zelda since i have a wii u for that.
    i'll probably even try to hold out for a limited edition unless they release something spectacular early on.

Roxe__ likes this.
  9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Don't take me literally, I was just mocking the idea of a boycott. They seem silly to me and always get nowhere.
    Slacktivism at it's worst.

10. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    No matter how much the NX sucks, everyone is going to pressure me into buying it... And am I the only one who thinks that the new Zelda game looks like shit? It's not even TLOZ at this point.

11. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Fuck you guys... I'm going to buy 8.

12. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    What really should happen is 10 million boycotts for the ps4neo and xbox1 slim... What does that console do differently than the ones out right now???
    YOU STILL HAVE TO BUY THE VR UNITS FOR ANOTHER $400

13. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Nintendo would die LOL.
    I mean the answer seems obviously.

ORRR

Nintendo fans will be hunting down games, until the edge of earth for any value.
    Seems like the best answer for most people :creep:

Roxe__ likes this.
  14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I'd boycott it if I were disappointed with Nintendo lately. But overall, I love Nintendo's latest systems, the N3DS and the Wii U are fantastic and fun systems. If I wanted high end specs, I'd play games on the PC. Nintendo makes brilliant systems that make for fun and unique experiences, if you don't like that, then don't support them, but don't boycott them, they aren't doing anything wrong in regard to what they're setting out to do, you're just mad they aren't adhering to how you think they should function.

15. chaosrunner

chaosrunner Substitute Soul Reaper

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    it would never happen cuz 10 million people dont play nintendo And who is "US"

16. gameboy

Dec 9, 2015
    United States

50 millions 3ds sold... Gbatemp is mostly 3ds users... Thats nintendo

17. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Is Michael Pachter ever right about gaming? Didn't he say the PSP was going to destroy the NDS and then said the Vita was going to destroy the 3DS?

18. chaosrunner

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    well of course 3ds is god like wii u is like boku no pico level reggie said its not about the hard ware ========wii u====boku no pico====shit/trash

19. gameboy

Dec 9, 2015
    United States

20. chaosrunner

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    dont have time to watch i am shit posting rn

petethepug likes this.