Hardware What would be the cheapest to build pc

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe getting a used old school pc those dell optiplex with a 2.4Ghz cpu. There is a circuit pin you can cut contact to push it to 2.9Ghz or so I've read, I have one but find no to little use to put effort in restoring it. I got it from a school selling old equipment.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wanted to know because my birth day's coming up and feel like making a cheap gaming pc probably a linux pc but I want to know what would be good for possibly 100 dollars
You can't get anything good for $100, you can maybe get something passable for general internet use but forget about gaming. The only games you'll be able to run are retro games.

rusty shackleford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could find an old desktop on craigslist for cheap and stick a video card in if it does not already have one. Maybe look at local auctions and find an off lease desktop that businesses sell off. Next option would be to build a desktop with AMD's new Athlon processor with radeon vega 3 graphics when they come out later this year. They're going to run about $55, mobo is about $30-50, but you'll need ram, psu, case, and hard drive. Games will run Or you could always go dumpster diving behind the goodwill at night lol.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh how much would you want if I think about buying it if you're willing to sell?
I wouldn't trade it for profit like I wouldn't sell a friend a car with problems. Mine has some rust near the cpu and I goes Blue Screen of Death often but I hope you can get it done.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could find an old desktop on craigslist for cheap and stick a video card in if it does not already have one. Maybe look at local auctions and find an off lease desktop that businesses sell off. Next option would be to build a desktop with AMD's new Athlon processor with radeon vega 3 graphics when they come out later this year. They're going to run about $55, mobo is about $30-50, but you'll need ram, psu, case, and hard drive. Games will run Or you could always go dumpster diving behind the goodwill at night lol.
Thx for the info In only just rough guessing on the money I'll get though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wouldn't trade it for profit like I wouldn't sell a friend a car with problems. Mine has some rust near the cpu and I goes Blue Screen of Death often but I hope you can get it done.
I'm just 13, 14 in a month if its that bad I'd see if uncle could fix it if I think about taking it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night