What would be the best GBA-only cart to get? (with RTC)

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Jinjo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Jinjo
    OP

Newcomer Jinjo Newbie

United States
    A Real-Time Clock feature is my primary concern, so what would be the best (quality/performance wise) card to choose taking that into accout?

I've looked into the EZ series, and I see that the EZ4 does not have RTC while its predecessor does. There might be more options out there but I haven't really looked that hard. Sorry if this turns out to be an annoyance.

Oh hey, this is a cool Emoticon.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Well I guess saying "GBA-only" might cause people into thinking of less options, but basically, my plan is to be able to play the Pokemon games, as well as be able to hook up the GCN games such as Metroid Prime or Sonic Adventure 1/2 to the GBA and do stuff there. As long as everything is A-OK in my GBA-SP, I'm happy.

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Both the m3 Perfect mini/SD and the EZ3 are really good at GBA. Unfortunately the EZ3s are hard to get ahold of for a decent price nowadays so that really only leaves you with the m3.

3. Jinjo
    OP

Newcomer Jinjo Newbie

United States
    Alright, I'll look more into the M3 Perfect, but just how perfect (ahem) is it with the GBA? I don't have to worry about the DS since I already have it taken care of.

EDIT: Hmm... I'm digging the M3 Perfect. Do we have any other opinions? Oh yeah, which would also provide the most data space?

4. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    All the games I've tested on it have run fine. I must admit I haven't used my m3 extensively for GBA since I have a dedicated EZ3 for that.

The space is only limited by the memory card(s) you use. Anything up to 2G will work on it and the media is so cheap now that they run just $10-20.

5. Jinjo
    OP

Newcomer Jinjo Newbie

United States
    Hmm... I'd assume the M3 would be better since I can get more space thanks to the MicroSD cards. How's the compatability? I read an old review about the M3 Perfect and after some workarounds he got really good compatability with GBA games.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29530

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Ah yeah the Real Time Saving was never up to par so I wouldn't suggest using it. Other than that I believe it works fine. Also note that that was over 2 years ago that that review was written and many updates have come out for the m3 since then.

7. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Why do you have to have RTC?
    Only pokemon uses it and it doesn't affect the game THAT much..

You can get an EZIV without RTC for half the price.

8. Jinjo
    OP

Newcomer Jinjo Newbie

United States
    The fact that only Pokemon uses is why I need a RTC. And yes, it does affect the game. At least the ROM hack I have.

Now if only I could find a damned reseller.

9. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States