Hacking What will you do if next update zaps DS flashcart ?

poll

• Cry and update, must now go buy DS or emulate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about DS flashcart support, update

• Quit videogames and join a cult

• Refrain from updating, wait for hack

• Learn haxing and hack it your own damn self

• I already have a DS so I'm super chill

• Total voters

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh i guess? I still havent used my Acekard 2.i on my 3DS yet. And i kept my DS Lite.

Also been stocking up on cheap DS games for the 3DS dry seasons. (7.49$ Dragon Quest IX ftw)

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be perfectly fine if they disable flash cards. I buy all my games now (Disgaea DS $7.99 baby!).

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
You do realize some gamers are young, don't you?

QUOTE(Rydian @ May 6 2011, 11:31 PM) The original Gameboy came out over 20 years ago. There's many gamers alive right now that weren't even born.

Stop makin' me feel old!
unsure.gif

But anyway... I seriously doubt there's anyone with a flashcard that's too young to have had a DS - the thing only came out seven years ago, after all.

Besides, everyone should go back at least one console generation... It's stupid that there are kids out there whose first real game was Modern Warfare (as an example). Rather than appreciating the better stuff, they just generally end up dismissing the old greats because they aren't in HD. So everyone too young to have been playing video games when the PS2 was out should go back and play the PSOne before they touch a PS3. Maybe then, they'd understand what a real game was.
closedeyes.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
I'll continue to not buy a 3DS.

Why? The 3DS is awesome, the effect is pretty good (depending on the game, Ghost Recon uses it very well, Splinter Cell doesn't).

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess i would wait a week and see if dstwo team come up with a fix but,i doubt that ninty cares about ds mode, but if they do manage to block cards again,im sure it will be fixed easy enough,but it doesnt matter cause i am not buying a 3ds untill there are some must have games released like kid icarus,paper mario,mario kart,mario3d and OOT3D ,and all the features that were promised at launch like netflix,a browser,the online store,and 3d video recording(not promised at launch but..)are added through a fw update, i will still buy it without the last one but ,im waiting for atleast a few of the others ,i am not shelling out 250$ for a system and another 40 for a game i dont really want ,to play a game im not super thrilled about and face raiders,and use my dstwo
plus you know whoever buys this is going to be stuck with the 3ds equivalent of the original ds
once the next hardware revision is released,which i have a feeling will be just shy of a year,just like the ipad2

Z

Zorua

Meh, I don't care since I have an XL and I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a DS lite with a broken mic, so all games that don't use mic I play on that.
In the future I might buy some of the DS games for 3DS.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely nothing, as it's never a given to have flashcart support right away. I got an XL. I'll update, then update my DSTWO once the update comes out.

D

Deleted User

I'll still update my 3DS and keep buying the games I really like. As long as flashcarts continue to work on any DS im fine. Honestly, I don't like playing DS games on the 3DS, because even the DSi's screens are a tad bigger and seem somewhat crisper (possibly because of the scaling on the 3DS).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, I'm loving my 3DS and can't wait for the DSiWare transfer, eShop and the browser. I don't care the blockage. Anyway companies like SC and AceKard will surely bypass it soon... Unless this update is SERIOUSLY HARDCORE!
tongue.gif

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
felixsrg said:
and as AlanJohn said "3DS is for 3DS games".

If that were true then the 3DS would not be BC with DS games.

Wintrale said:
Why would you have a DS flashcard and not already own a DS?

Some people traded their older DS in toward their 3DS purchase.

A Gay Little Catboy said:
I would be quite happy myself
happy.gif

Before someone feels like commenting, I do not support early hacking of the 3DS, I support hacking of the 3DS much later.

The older DS flashcarts being able to run on the 3DS is not "hacking the the 3DS". And we all know your stance on 3DS hacking, you must have posted it in every topic about it by now.

QUOTE(m3rox @ May 6 2011, 06:36 PM) I'll be perfectly fine if they disable flash cards. I buy all my games now (Disgaea DS $7.99 baby!).

I buy all my games too. I dump them myself to my flashcart so I don't have to carry around a bunch of cartridges with my 3DS/DS.

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ May 6 2011, 11:30 PM)
laugh at all the people who got a 3DS thinking they could use flashcarts on it
rofl2.gif

Well, since people already use flashcarts on the 3DS, I guess they are all laughing at you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr