Hacking What will the New 3DS Gateway emunand firmware version situation be?

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have a New 3DS on 9.0 AU firmware and 8.1 JP firmware.

So if I install emunand and try to update the [emunand] firmware through the settings menu, it will try to update to 9.5 and mess things up.

Will there be some kind of offline file you can install to do a custom firmware update 9.4?
Or will emunand be stuck on 9.0 and 8.1

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your New3DSs' EmuNANDs will be stuck on 9.0 (AU) and 8.1 (JP). You can probably update both EmuNANDs through a game cart that contains the 9.4 update, but, as of right now, there aren't any 3DS games that have the 9.4 update.

Of course, this is just speculation since Gateway hasn't released the New3DS Gateway update yet.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you do not have eShop access, not a big deal. Almost all eShop games can be downloaded as 3ds files anyway. Just hope they will release the update soon, been waiting for two months now and my N3DS wants some action.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the 8.1 will forever be stuck on 8.1...no themes...hmmmm

Well, it's not going to be forever. Gateway already said that the new 9.5 encryption is not a "definitive barrier" so it's possible for them to break through the encryption and have the New3DS be able to have and use 9.5 EmuNAND.

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not going to be forever. Gateway already said that the new 9.5 encryption is not a "definitive barrier" so it's possible for them to break through the encryption and have the New3DS be able to have and use 9.5 EmuNAND.

Is it a new encryption that once broken will allow the user to update continouously to say 9.6, or is it that each .x revision has a different encryption? What if Nintendo goes to 9.6 by the time 9.5 is decrypted?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the 8.1 will forever be stuck on 8.1...no themes...hmmmm
No one said forever. Lol. There just haven't been any retail carts released yet with higher than 8.1. There will be.

Is it a new encryption that once broken will allow the user to update continouously to say 9.6, or is it that each .x revision has a different encryption? What if Nintendo goes to 9.6 by the time 9.5 is decrypted?

Then no eshop access and nothing changes. No big deal.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know. It's possible that Nintendo will make a new encryption right after 9.5, but it's also possible that it won't. I can't see the future, you know.

Edit: Besides, you don't have to update to the latest firmware. You can install updates through devmenu and then you can start playing online.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Your New3DSs' EmuNANDs will be stuck on 9.0 (AU) and 8.1 (JP). You can probably update both EmuNANDs through a game cart that contains the 9.4 update, but, as of right now, there aren't any 3DS games that have the 9.4 update.

Of course, this is just speculation since Gateway hasn't released the New3DS Gateway update yet.

Or download firmware version 9.4 as cia and install it using devmenu.

Reactions: ground

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doesn't updating with a retail cart on emunand updates the system nand?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The encryption was broken and found out to be an epic fail after gateway said that. So it's very probable that they'll support it after all...

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt see them running Emunand in the one video they showed in November.. is there another video?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't updating with a retail cart on emunand updates the system nand?

Well I read that you can update EmuNAND through the Gateway menu, but don't take my word for it. Either way, you can just stay on EmuNAND 9.0 (AU) and 8.1(JP) since you can, again, install game updates in .cia format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol