What will Nintendo do?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by shonko, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008

What will Nintendo do? by shonko at 3:43 AM (1,038 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. shonko
    OP

Newcomer shonko Member

Australia
    I've got an Australian Wii, bought at launch, modded with a Wiikey. A few months ago, I've started seeing those weird black lines/dots on the screen, caused by overheating. I've heard you can send it into Nintendo to fix this, so my questions are:

How do I do this? and

What will Nintendo do to my console, considering it's modded?

Oh, and I called my nearby modshop, they can fix it...... for $190.... No thanks..

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Nintendo will repair it for a fee like they would any other Wii.

They won't do much other than send you a refurbished unit with your old stuff stll there, or repair yours.

Take the mod chip out so you can use it again or sell it. People have sent plenty of modded Wiis to Nintendo, and none have had action taken against them.

There's always the slim chance they could take action, but you'd be the first case in internet history, and your name would become some kind of internets legend.

3. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    You will still need to pay nintendo since your launch wii's warranty has expired. So they souldnt do anything to the chip since its not voiding any warranty. I suggest you shouldnt as they will notice and may keep record of your wii serial...
    So I sincerely suggest you dont send it in to nintendo, but rather visit the custumer service area. I found a nintendo custumer service place in surrey Bc, very close to where I live. So there shouldnt be any troubles for you.
    Hope that helps! [​IMG]

4. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    Its a launch wii. They wont do it for free... I think

5. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Read it again, I said they would do it for a fee. [​IMG]

6. shonko
    OP

Newcomer shonko Member

Australia
    Heh, great, so I win either way! Thanks for the info.

Hey, does anyone know approximately how much Nintendo would charge for this? And how I would go about sending it to them?

7. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    You have to go to the Nintendo site, and put in your serial number... if it's in warranty (doubt it), they'll ask for your address to send you a label to send it back to them.

Since it's out of warranty, they'll charge you a fee (not sure how much), and then send you the label.