Hacking What will I lose?

xxwinexx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of updating my system menu from 3.2u to 4.0. I've tried researching to see what in particular that I would lose, but I haven't found a reliable source as of yet.

Currently, I'm running...

-3.2u System Menu
-GC Backup Launcher 0.3
-WADManager 1.3
-Homebrew 1.01
-IOS36 v4.18 rev9
-Backup Launcher 0.3

Will I lose functionality in any of those? I'm mostly worried about losing WAD functionality and USBLoader functionality.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxwinexx said:
Will I lose functionality in any of those? I'm mostly worried about losing WAD functionality and USBLoader functionality.

I can do all of those in 4.0
I followed this guide

I recommend you use "method 1" and run IOS downgrader after updating to get back trucha.
Works great

xxwinexx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't wanna bump this. Thanks for the link. I just didn't wanna brick my Wii, I'm sure you understand
smile.gif

NPVinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 4.0 last night - are we not supposed to copy WiiWare games to the SD? I mean, the SD loaded with games that were apparently already on there, but after I moved over My Life as a King, my SD card now tells me I need to reformat it when I try to explore it on my PC.

xxwinexx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I'm running into an issue when going through that guide. I keep getting an Exception (DSI) occurred!

I am running this all through my wired network. Does the 4.0 updater need to be run while on a wireless connection? That's the only thing I can think of seeing as before it goes to that error, it says that it is initializing the network.

This is happening when I'm running the 4.0 updater, btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1