Homebrew What will happen if I run a game from a different region?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that if you do not have region free CFW like luma, they just won't show up on the home menu, but that you will be able to see them on the gridlauncher Homebrew menu. Never tried it myself, though.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you, that's very helpful!
I apologize for asking the question though. ^^;
There's no such thing as a stupid question.
Unless you ask a retail employee if they "work here?" That's a stupid question.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
A few games need a language spoof as well, usually Japanese ones but also the American Rhythm Heaven Megamix. I think Luma's capable of this (as well as NTR) but it does take some setting up.
It's not too common but that's something you can look into if the game doesn't work.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a really outdated CFW you'll need to run another app that spoofs region but I'll just assume that this is a noob question. If you play a game that is only released in one region it will run on your 3DS, but if it's not from an English speaking country, the game won't be in English. Hope this helps!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single CFW supports region-free for both CIA and carts.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Shameless promotion plug again :creep:
Thank you, that's very helpful!
I apologize for asking the question though. ^^;
Glad that someone is able to help but please referr to the NOOB PARADISE thread for help or any questions next time. Someone there will help you, also it was a fair question. If you are using CFW, Luma supports out of region games naturally. If you only have access to homebrew, A loader called HANS supports region free games by way of carts but cannot make use of necessary update data so be warned.
There's no such thing as a stupid question.
Unless you ask a retail employee if they "work here?" That's a stupid question.
Don't forget "What is a 3DS" If you are asking that and looking for homebrew or help here, do yourself a favor and please return to your rock you came from or the woods cause i dunno where you been, but in case you wanna know, is a mobile game system by nintendo that supports 3D visuals without use of glasses.:rolleyes:

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you play a game that is only released in one region it will run on your 3DS, but if it's not from an English speaking country, the game won't be in English. Hope this helps!

Luma's region/language is for that. Most titles are programmed to support all languages and is detected by the console's default language setting. Like in the Megadrive/Genesis days. JP Bare Knuckle was Streets Of Rage on US and PAL regions and the language text would change depending on the console used.

If using a JP system, and you use a cia of a USA Smash Bros, by default it will boot in Japanese, even though its a US version. Luma fixes that problem and enables English text but the title screen icon will still be in Japanese.

I have to find a title that is locked to one only one language regardless of settings. Every 3Ds title i have tried, all have english support after using the region/language option on my JP n3ds, unless there is dedicated Japanese only releases that would not show in English but since its all titles released in all regions I use, I have yet to try but would assume it be locked to japanese text since the title (s) is programmed for jp fonts only.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to find a title that is locked to one only one language regardless of settings. Every 3Ds title i have tried, all have english support after using the region/language option on my JP n3ds, unless there is dedicated Japanese only releases that would not show in English but since its all titles released in all regions I use, I have yet to try but would assume it be locked to japanese text since the title (s) is programmed for jp fonts only.
Taiko Drum Master: Adventures Through Time and Space. Attack on TItan: Humanity in Chains (or at least for me it was only JP)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night