Hacking What will happen if i install 49 WADS ?

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i installed a lot of nes WADs and i have 200 hundreads free blocks on my wii space. BUT I HAVE NO OTHER ROOMS FOR ANOTHER VC WAD or Channel. the 48 spaces on the 4 pages are all used.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I INSTALL ANOTHER WAD WITH Wad Manager ???

THANKS FOR ANSWER, I DONT WANT TO BRICK MY WII !!

smile.gif

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i want to keep them in my nand.

But the problem is not the memory. Finally i have 330 blocks available , its enough.

But i would like to install 3 or 4 others wad with wad manager, but my 48 space are used on the 4 pages.

So i would like to know if it will brick my wii if i install another wad with wad manager. Or a another page will appear.

( NOTE: anyway i cant save my wad on the SD card, they are not working. because i cant get reboot working with Geckoos, it dont appear, because i dont have the trucha bug in my ios. and i dont want to play with that risked stuff again. i dont have prilloader installed or triforce or anything else.MY wii has 4.2U. in hbc menu it said ios61 v21.29. neogamma R8 said ios249 (REV 19) and Neogamma R9 b47 said , ciso57rev19 slot 249. i dont know if it can help you. i messed a lot with the ios stuff last year, im lucky my wii is not a brick. Its seem i did a good job because all things i do work very well with my wii. wii games backup and gamecube backup as well and all homebrews and emulators )

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
tell me you have bootmii as boot2 cus if not you are taking a big risk installing wads without priiloader

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It makes me laugh, people desperately crack their Wii and put like 600 NES games on it, even though they'll probably only play Punch-out for 5 minutes and then NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Satirical said:
It makes me laugh, people desperately crack their Wii and put like 600 NES games on it, even though they'll probably only play Punch-out for 5 minutes and then NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN.
That's what pretty much happened to my 3DS Ambassador NES Games. Play it once, never more.
----
Anyway, I think that the Wii will add another page, just like how the 3DS adds another App Space when there's no more App Space available anymore.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendoom said:
Satirical said:
That's what pretty much happened to my 3DS Ambassador NES Games. Play it once, never more.
----
Anyway, I think that the Wii will add another page
No no I think there's a limit to it on the Wii and that brick risk is high in what the OP is doing.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exactly diddy81, installing wads is just as dangerous as messing with IOSes..maybe even more dangerous. Best way to go is emunand, you can't brick your wii with it..

Its not that hard to setup to my opinion.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Guys, none of you even know the answer?

It will not add another page, and it won't be accessible from the Wii System Menu. However, any other app, like Priiloader or WiiXplorer, can see beyond 48 channels.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing will happen. how do i know. cause i've done it. no it doesn't add a page, it doesn't brick your wii. the extra channel will not show up, until you delete a channel that is "showing" on the main menu. i just wouldn't do more then 4. would be cool if they came up with a hack to add more pages.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
shortz1994 said:
nothing will happen. how do i know. cause i've done it. no it doesn't add a page, it doesn't brick your wii. the extra channel will not show up, until you delete a channel that is "showing" on the main menu. i just wouldn't do more then 4. would be cool if they came up with a hack to add more pages.
There're SD cards anyway.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
Guys, none of you even know the answer?
Most of us won't waste time installing unnecessary wads, risking our wiis for no gain at all. Most of us already told the OP that there's a limit on pages/and channels that will be displayed and the risks of installing wads incorrectly. What is more important that that?

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Isn't there an app to launch the channels installed in the NAND, kind of like WiiXplorer lets you do by going to Start > Channels, but that was written specifically for this task and features a UI based on this function?
If not, it would be nice if someone wrote it. It would be especially useful for use with SNEEK NANDs that are loaded with channels.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There are many such apps. Triiforce, mighty channels, wiiflow and joyflow have ways to boot channels from "the real nand" (if you run them from within sneek, they treat that sneek-nand as the real nand) without bothering about a channel limit.
...and how could I have forgotten postloader? That thing is better than triiforce and the HBC combined...it's so good I didn't even realize it also solves this problem.
tongue.gif

Someone (I believe marc-max, but I'm not sure) also wrote a nifty little app that put up a 4-page GUI on which you could choose which of your channels got displayed on which wii channel slot. That's probably the most user-friendly way to help out people who are too afraid to really hack their wii (though I must repeat it: INSTALL PRIILOADER IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL WADS ON YOUR WII CHANNEL! Banner bricks are real and they DO happen. With priiloader, it's a piece of cake to undo them; without it, it's near-impossible).

The only problem is that I can't remember the name of the thing. It's a pretty hilarious/sober name, but...I can't remember it (only used it once or twice).

EDIT: of course: it was snort (or rather: snort48+) !
biggrin.gif

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i happy to know that installing too more channel , if its happen in error, wont brick my wii, possibly not.

about space 330 blocks is enough. because all my games are already their save made. So i really have 330 blocks.

I play nes games every week, 4-5 hours a week. I use the emulators before, but i dont like the input lag. VC have no input lag . i bought a adapter and i play my nes games with a real nintendo nes controller that is plugged in the remote wii control. thats fun. DONT BUY the nes controller adapter that plug in gamecube port, BECAUSE a big input lag will happen. nobody can live with that. its takes a half second to see mario jump after pressing A. But any controller adapter that connect in remote controller is great. No lag.

About installing WAD, i know its a big risk, im really lucky. I think i wont install more anymore. anyway only 1 space left. LOL

i installed about 200 wads that i removed and reinstall to try several games. No bad wad. im lucky enough.

Still my wii is soft modded. my fahter have a mod chip no solder that he use to repair wii. i suppose i could use it to repair a bad wad installation. My father has a lot of CD booter with it that can reset a wii.

Anyway, IS IT ANY RISK TO INSTALL PRILOADER ? Do i need other software or just Priloader ?

Thanks for answer ( and SORRY about my bad english)

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I play nes games every week, 4-5 hours a week. I use the emulators before, but i dont like the input lag. VC have no input lag . i bought a adapter and i play my nes games with a real nintendo nes controller that is plugged in the remote wii control. thats fun. DONT BUY the nes controller adapter that plug in gamecube port, BECAUSE a big input lag will happen. nobody can live with that. its takes a half second to see mario jump after pressing A. But any controller adapter that connect in remote controller is great. No lag.
Sorry for the hi-jack but do you have any links to this adapter, Heres one i found, thinking about getting one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-SNES-...=item20ba5fe1a6

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thats the one i have. The snes port work perfect, no lag. But the nes port is for a FAMICOM controller. So you have to mod yourself the famicom port to convert it to a nes controller port. i did the mod. BUT you can try to buy a adapter that convert famicom port to nes port.

But buy it for a SNES controller your ok. its work perfect no input lag.

FOR nes you need to convert the port. But its enough simple. the famicom connector use the same wire than NES controller, its just the adapter

I DID MY MOD WITH THIS VIDEO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrgnfZPee8

the guy has the same adapter than me and you.

just follow the guide. but video quality is bad

BUT REMEMBER THIS, DONT BUY THAT CRAP: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-2-1-NES-SNES-R...=item3f0da49ee0

this adapter has BIG input lag, the company should never made them. you trash your money. even a 7years old will be unable to play with it because of the input lag

ABOUT PRIILOADER, i will install it right now. i just have backup my NAND.

i will install a ios70 patched and install priiloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)