what will happen if i flash nand from other region

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by observerm, Dec 9, 2013.

1. observerm
    OP

observerm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2013
    Switzerland
    i have a 4.5.0-10u 3ds. i am curiosity what will happen if i flash a 4.5.0-10j nand or use 6.3.0-12j emuNand(mod by Hex tool) .
    will it work properly?

2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Nothing, it won't work. The Emulated Nand has to match with your console's installed Nand, in a certain way. Every console has a number bound to it, for account purposes and stuff, and if you try loading a Nand from another console, it will try to match this number to the one hidden in the system, if they aren't the same then it won't load.

Correct me if I am wrong, or rephrase this as needed.

3. profi200

profi200 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The last time i got fully internal filesystem access, so i dumped some files and looked for them on 3dbrew. There's a file stored under nand:/rw/sys/SecureInfo_A. It contains the console unique serial number. If you can replace the file on the other NAND image with your SecureInfo_A and reencrypt the entire Image to match your NAND encryption, it should be possible to run the other NAND image. But there can be other things, which prevent your 3DS from boot. It's all untested.

And no, for the public there is no way to do this.