Hacking What will happen after system transfer and restore nand

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I am wondering what will happen if I backup my nand before doing a system transfer and then after transferred, I restore the nand. Does that mean I get two identical machines and the eshop games I bought can be played on both machines? Is it even safe to go online together?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
What happens is the first console will get an error "you cannot use this NNID on this system" when you do the transfer it connects to Nintendo's servers and updates their records of which console has the NNID (adds the new and removes the old) and they don't allow two. Make sense?

Reactions: Liberty

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens is the first console will get an error "you cannot use this NNID on this system" when you do the transfer it connects to Nintendo's servers and updates their records of which console has the NNID (adds the new and removes the old) and they don't allow two. Make sense?
Not sure if it was you got my question wrong or I didnt get what you said.

More clearly, my question is
3DS A : Backup NAND (both sys and emu)
3DS A <-> 3DS B : system transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND
3DS A : Restore NAND (both sys and emu)
3DS A and 3DS B : Both playing the eshop games purchased from 3DS A? Safe to go online, eshop, match play, etc., together?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not sure if it was you got my question wrong or I didnt get what you said.

More clearly, my question is
3DS A : Backup NAND (both sys and emu)
3DS A <-> 3DS B : system transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND
3DS A : Restore NAND (both sys and emu)
3DS A and 3DS B : Both playing the eshop games purchased from 3DS A? Safe to go online, eshop, match play, etc., together?
I made that but when i went to the eshop with my old 3ds my 3ds was restored by nintendo. You could still play online but if you connect both consoles one will be disconnected if it is the same game. You could format the new 3ds that way you will get a new friend code and you will be able to play online with both consoles

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I made that but when i went to the eshop with my old 3ds my 3ds was restored by nintendo. You could still play online but if you connect both consoles one will be disconnected if it is the same game. You could format the new 3ds that way you will get a new friend code and you will be able to play online with both consoles

Sweet! Then just no eshop for the old 3DS and after formatting the new 3DS playing online would be fine?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sweet! Then just no eshop for the old 3DS and after formatting the new 3DS playing online would be fine?
Yep, for example if you want to play Pokemon x/y in both 3ds and you connect them at the same time one of them will disconnect but as long as you format your new 3ds you will be able able to play with both consoles. After formatting your new 3ds you will be able to download your games again

Reactions: player0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.