What will happen after system transfer and restore nand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by player0, Mar 21, 2015.

1. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Hi I am wondering what will happen if I backup my nand before doing a system transfer and then after transferred, I restore the nand. Does that mean I get two identical machines and the eshop games I bought can be played on both machines? Is it even safe to go online together?

2. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    What happens is the first console will get an error "you cannot use this NNID on this system" when you do the transfer it connects to Nintendo's servers and updates their records of which console has the NNID (adds the new and removes the old) and they don't allow two. Make sense?

Liberty likes this.
  3. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Not sure if it was you got my question wrong or I didnt get what you said.

More clearly, my question is
    3DS A : Backup NAND (both sys and emu)
    3DS A <-> 3DS B : system transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND
    3DS A : Restore NAND (both sys and emu)
    3DS A and 3DS B : Both playing the eshop games purchased from 3DS A? Safe to go online, eshop, match play, etc., together?

4. foolalay

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    You could play your old *restored* 3ds games as long as you keep it offline. It'd be like you called Nintendo to do a transfer and the games would get wiped or deactivated (or however that works) when it connects to their servers.

5. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    I made that but when i went to the eshop with my old 3ds my 3ds was restored by nintendo. You could still play online but if you connect both consoles one will be disconnected if it is the same game. You could format the new 3ds that way you will get a new friend code and you will be able to play online with both consoles

6. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    I also assume you would keep all the contents but wouldn't be able to use it online, just offline.

7. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Sweet! Then just no eshop for the old 3DS and after formatting the new 3DS playing online would be fine?

8. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yep, for example if you want to play Pokemon x/y in both 3ds and you connect them at the same time one of them will disconnect but as long as you format your new 3ds you will be able able to play with both consoles. After formatting your new 3ds you will be able to download your games again

player0 likes this.