Hacking What will be deleted and what will stay when performing a nand restore

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized I can install a different cIOS than 249 ( cIOS222 ), and that they can co exist in the wii system. Just in case I want to perform first a nand backup by using bootmii, but Im worried that if my wii bricks and I restore the nand to the point where I created it, that "something" will still get deleted. These are the files and programs Im worried about:
-Wiiware and VC games and their saves in the wii system memory.
-Some file "paths" may get deleted preventing me from loading the wiiware and vc games ( also some wad emulator forwarders ).
-Saves for regular retail games like wii sports, etc ...

Or maybe Im just being paranoid, and it will just go back to the point where things were working EXACTLY the same?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
If you back up your Nand on a point and you restore it later all will be exactly as it was at the point when the backup has been created.

You will only "loose" all stuff you´ve installed since the backup has been created.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Using a Boot2 NAND restore will put your Wii back to the exact state it was in at the time of the dump. Saves, Wiiware, VC, installed channels/forwarders, IOS', cIOS's will be restored. No paths etc will be lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat