Hardware What Wiimote Recharging Stand Do You Use?

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the market for one, but I've heard the battery life isn't that long. Nyko is good, but I can't stand the rubber back and the bright colors. The one from DX, I've read bad reviews where people have said the battery lasts for only like 3 hourss o.O

OsCatalepticos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i use the Nyko bought 2 of them for my 4 wiimotes. i dont even notice the rubber back when playing games
smile.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using the Nyko set. No bright colors though, just white and grey. I got mine as a open box item, cause someone returned them thinking they didn't work. The problem was that when the back cover was in place the batteries were being pushed away from the contacts. I just bent the tabs on the battery and all works good now. They last about 8 hours between charges so far.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back home, we have the Nyko set (which is bright on the LEDs when charging or whatnot, but that's negligible), but here I use rechargeable batteries. They get bonus points since I can use them over and over again in different things than just the Wiimotes. =P

ChiefHit'emB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the Nyko charging station here... and yeah, the LEDs are pretty bright while charging, but that's the only bright colors I've noticed, eh. As far as the rubber back goes, it really isn't a problem for me. It helps as far as gripping the Wii-mote in general goes, seeing as I don't like the skin/cover things provided or that you can buy; however, I don't know that I can say that I even really notice it... seeing as how when I play a game, I don't much pay attention to the controller (unless it's a crappy knock-off that doesn't even come close to the feel of the original) so much as the game itself. I just wish I could charge the battery-pak by itself without rigging it up to the stand with tape and cardboard pieces... because I tend to forget to charge the pak sometimes and as a result... forced to use batteries, which I usually steal from my channel changer for the time being...

Anyways... Yeah, I use the Nyko charging station.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bought a year ago a set by ICON in Canada, i'm not sure if you can found those in the US, I pay like 15can bucks, and I used to play like 4 or 5 hrs back then (Zelda TP) and recharge the Wiimotes like every 3 or 4 days, I am really amazed about this batteries..!!!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
rechargeable batteries, much more cheaper than a stand.

Well not really... they are about the same price ... for a good set of High capacity NIMH rechargeable batteries and a charger cost around the same as a dedicated Wii charger stand and chargeable battery packs!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others, I personally found it cheaper and easier to just get rechargeable energizers. 20$ for 4 and the charger, and you don't have all the issues people have reported with the stands.

edit - fixed grammar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.