What Wii U games do you want made into "Deluxe" Ports for the Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Futurdreamz, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Futurdreamz
    OP

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Mario kart 8 is confirmed, and I'm pretty sure Smash is also. But I want to see what games YOU want brought over as ports with additional levels and content.

Me, I want to see Yarn Yoshi, Captain Toad

2. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Mario Maker

osaka35, JerryX, Pluupy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Futurdreamz
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    True some of the the 3DS games would be awesome. Dark moon would be amazing if they could get it to work on the different screen configuration.

4. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Skyward sword with two different of controls to choose from: the crapy motion controls with the crapy camera and bowt controls.

Hyrule warriors legendz: Link's Deluxe adventures. Hyrule warriors with all the dlc n all the exclusive 3ds content. Plus new content based on botw. An additional story mode featuring all the characters from the smash bros series. By playing through the smash bros story mode, you unlock them for all the other modes. Smash bros and bowt adventure mode maps.

Super Mario bros all star maker. All SSM content plus sb2 usa, mari0 land 1&2 sprites. mario, Luigi, peach, daisy toad, toadette, mouser, the koopa kids, and the wario bros as playable characters. End of level enemies to fight.

THATISRIGHT likes this.
  5. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    I don't want ports, I want Mario Kart 9

natanelho, oji and xile6 like this.
  6. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's fastest man alive!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Smash and Mario maker are pretty obvious suggestions for deluxe ports. Also, I wouldn't mind some sort of bundle of games, like Mario 3d world and captain toad being bundled. Also, 3ds ports into virtual console please!

7. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    All of them.

8. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The Wonderful 101

9. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Hyrule Warriors and Mario 3D World

10. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    No ports all new games. :)

11. Futurdreamz
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I bet there are THOUSANDS of old games that you would find awesome, just that you never played or got very far in them.

12. joacosur15

joacosur15 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Mario Maker Deluxe, the perfect casual game, with two controller support (the joycon) :)

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    While I would love a Skyward Sword port with optional motion controls, I'm not sure how it would work because the mechanics rely so heavily upon being able to slash the sword at various angles.

Quantumcat likes this.
  14. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Cheaper to just buy on the system they where made for. I would like the next in line games.
    Pikmin 4, mario party 8 plus(lol 9 and 10 was crap)
    Toad is ok but of they ported it it would have to cost $20 or it wont be a buy, and i wouldnt preorder it even at $20.

Other then that as said new games leave the pass in the pass

15. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I was hoping for Smash4 more than anything because it's already packed with content and I don't want to wait more than a year for Smash. Seems unlikely at this point, though. Other than that I want Bayonetta 1/2, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD, as well as Pokken Tournament.

16. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This I'm guessing is what we'll see in terms of deluxe Wii U releases with added features and content: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros for Switch, Super Mario Maker Deluxe, Pokken Tournament Deluxe

Straight up port with better performance and graphics: Zelda Breath of the Wild

In terms of sequels we'll see quickly made from Wii U title assets: Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Pikmin 4

17. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    All of them. Honestly make the Switch all what Wii U couldn't be because of the stupid people who didn't buy it...

18. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD. I just want all my Zeldas on one platform.

THATISRIGHT likes this.
  19. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    tbh, there's not that many I would care about. Smash, sure. Assuming it'll combine the content of both 3DS and Wii U versions and adding some of the more popular characters from the Fighter Ballot, (Shantae plz) it'll pretty much be the definitive Smash game.

If Mario Maker got the 'Deluxe' treatment to add more level assets, game and environment themes, brilliant. But they still need some form of quality control for online. All the popular levels are random garbage.

20. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    I'd rather have sequels than ports tbh.

A quick and dirty port of Super Smash bros, Pokken Tournamenet... basically any multiplayer local multiplayer possible game would be brilliant but I really want Nintendo to steer away from porting over titles. Definitely since there isn't THAT much difference performance wise between the switch and the Wii U.

Its not like a PS2 porting over shadow of the collosus into HD or kingdom hearts to PS4 or gamecube windwaker to wii u. these would be side step moves and honestly a waste of time and a big cash cow more than a use of resources.

Nintendo also get lazy on their ports. Wind waker HD was BEAUTIFUL port wise. Twilight princess really wasn't so much. maybe its the art style blahblah but yeah.