What Wii games include System Update 4.1

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Vampir, Feb 19, 2010.

Feb 19, 2010
  1. Vampir
    OP

Newcomer Vampir Member

Slovenia
    I would like to update my Wii the safe way to 4.1 What games can I do that with?
    Wii Sports Resort only has 3.4

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    try the NUS auto downloader (install the wads it produces with wad manager.

If you didn't softmod it yet, just follow xzxero's guide (updates you to 4.2) or the one in my sig

3. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    I don't believe there is a game with a safe update to 4.1, so the safe update methods are the way to go. NSMB Wii was the first (and possibly only) game to have a 4.1 update on it, but it also includes the boot2 update that is the dangerous (but only a tiny amount) part of 4.2.

4. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Yup installation manually is the right path. IOS60 v6174 and system menu 4.1 for your region works fine. I wouldn't even worry about the ios's update them when it is necessary. sometimes older ios are better than newer ones (trucha bug already enabled). I've done this multiple times, and it sounds scary, but there is actually little risk.

if you go into HBC load wad manager, install IOS 60 FIRST then system menu, exit the program it takes you back into HBC. From there install Priilloader BEFORE exiting to system menu, just in case. then you can access priiloader, even if you have a corrupted wad or something silly like that.