Hardware What website should I download data from for Wii SD Memory Card Adapter?

sloppytoppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wii SD Memory Card Adapter because my game data got corrupted. What's the best website to download data from? I found some websites but the save data options are limited. I need to pick up where I left off in Xenoblade Chronicles. All my data got deleted. I spent over 15 hours on this game and I need closure. Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of it. Why not just use homebrew? I was under the impression the SD adapters were for Gamecube memory cards and they don't work with games.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Those SD adapters, if they are what I think they are, have nothing to do with Wii games. They are made for GameCube homebrew, to let it access an SD card (since GameCube software can't access the Wii's native SD port). In order to use Wii game saves downloaded from the internet, you either need no software at all, if it's not a protected game (usually only online games are protected), or homebrew software that will let you force the save from the SD card (through the Wii's native port) to the internal memory. You never need extra hardware for that.

Reactions: TerryG

sloppytoppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont plan to play a wii game... I'm trying to play a gamecube game using the wii's gamecube memory card port (with the SD card adapter inside).
Am I able to get data on the SD card that will let me do this? Or is downloading homebrew the only way I can play data from online?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles is a Wii game and I don't think a GC SD adapter can be used for GC saved games, only GC homebrew.

VitockoWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You can download a save data to an SD card and transfer it to the SD on the adapter, but I don't know if you can directly download the data and expect it to work.

sloppytoppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops! I mixed up Tales of Symphonia and Xenoblade! I actually lost all my data for Tales of Symphonia, which is a GameCube game. Is that any way I can download save data off the internet onto my Wii SD Card Memory Adapter for a GameCube game like that?

sloppytoppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a GameCube memory card. But the whole point is that I don't want to spend 15+ hours playing Tales of Symphonia again to get back to where I left off when my data got corrupted. Can I download GameCube save data from the internet onto my Wii SD Memory Card adapter?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use a GameCube SD Card adapter (or "Wii SD Memory Card adapter") for GameCube saves.

What you can do:
  1. Download GCMM to your SD card: https://github.com/suloku/gcmm/releases
  2. Download a GameCube save (in GCI format) to the SD card.
  3. Put the SD card in the front SD slot on the Wii.
  4. Run GCMM through Homebrew Channel to copy the GCI file to the SD card.

Alternatively, if you use Nintendont, you can use Dolphin to create a blank memory card image, then copy the GCI file to the memory card image and copy the memory card image (.RAW) to your Nintendont storage device.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I do have a GameCube memory card. But the whole point is that I don't want to spend 15+ hours playing Tales of Symphonia again to get back to where I left off when my data got corrupted. Can I download GameCube save data from the internet onto my Wii SD Memory Card adapter?

As many have told you, you can't use the adapter as a memory card so there is no point in downloading a save to it.
Instead of waiting for a positive answer which doesn't exist for so many days, you can test it in a few minutes and turn your attention to alternatives (which Gerbilsoft have just told you)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime